Back on a health mission…
- Week of 16-22 February.
- Monday, investor pitch day… it went well, Lions Head walk, broccoli for supper, watched The Family… pretty good, Vrehedoek almost burnt down (see above – photo from our house).
- I’m pretty excited to tell you what we’ve been busy with recently, it’s still a bit stealthy, but soon…
- The SleekGeek diet starts, week 1 of 10. Also, stopped drinking alcohol for a while. Found this again.
- Tuesday, meeting in Newlands, fetched snail mail (for about 11 months) and renewed my PO Box, house viewing around Tamboerskloof, a juice with Wouter at The Power and the Glory – the service there is a joke, a swim at home.
- I suspect I’ve been sharing a lot less stuff on social media recently – and sharing more things only with my Telegram (close) friends.
- Started reading Microselfs again, could not really get into David and Goliath.
“South Africa is the world’s most ambitious experiment in democracy.” — Simon
- Wednesday, site survey walk, work, watched Mia’s girls relay swimming gala – she swam in the u9 (and u10) freestyle, medley and ladder relays, we had an early supper at Lourensford while Mia did her homework, some JIT saving the day – helping Mia with her show and tell oral – her life timeline slide deck – at least I don’t have a shortage of photos in that department, dropped Mia at her mom’s house and had a nice sunset drive back to Cape Town.
- *sigh*, you would think I would have learnt by now, I’ve been bugging Naulene for weeks to get my laptop (which she needed to borrow for work) and my 200mm lens so I could take photos at the gala, Wednesday morning she lets me know she’ll be at the gala, I ask her to please bring the lens and laptop, I arrive at the gala – after a while I realise she changed her mind and did not come, no photos then, then Mia tells me her show and tell oral is due the next day – not the first time, or the second time this has happened – no communication about this at all, later – I fetch my lens and laptop and she tells me there is a DVD stuck in the laptop and she has no idea how this happened – she left the kids in front of the laptop. Some people.
- Thursday, at the office early, updated our investor deck, Lions Head was burning so I went to gym… so this is what the gym looks like.
“Sent using paws.” — email .sig
- Jacques seems keen to start an aquaponics farm in London and Michael managed to find some Tilapia to eat which cost around R270/kg – seems there is a business in fish.
- Friday, interesting meeting in Wembley Square, watched Mia’s swimming gala – this time with my 200mm lens, she won the trophy for best swimmer in her grade – she won all her races, we walked through The Art of the Brick LEGO exhibition at the Waterfront… pretty cool, I have my slops back! (from Ernst’s wedding, thanks Lisa), Mia shopped for some shoes, gala photo processing while watching Evan Almighty again, Mia took her new trophy to bed with her.
- Mia’s best freestyle time so far: 19.72.
- Last weekend in the Vredehoek house.
- Saturday, woke up next to Mia, a round of Star Wars top trumps cards, I made omelettes while Mia watched the end of Field of Dreams, we almost finished a bag of grenadillas , OZCF market at the Zille Villa, took Mia to the toy shop in Gardens – have not been there in ages, Deer Park, Mia watched Wall-E, nap, some Dvorak touch typing training for Mia, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s, Mia fell asleep in the car on the way home, watched Dallas Buyers Club again, watched the end of Scent of a Woman.
- That spork scene in Wall-E is pretty cool.
- Sunday, AfrikaBurn theme camp planning (with Google Earth / to figure out where the sun sets), showed Mia this Afrika Burnt video, a nice long swim at gym, a late lunch at Da Vinci’s, a Kloof Street walk and some Myog frozen yoghurt, I helped Mia wash her hair, dropped Mia off at her gran’s house, sunset drive back to Cape Town, a smoothie at Wouter’s house.
- Looks like our theme camp membership numbers are growing fairly quickly.
“You may already be a member.”
Have a fun week, crazy kids.