A summary of what I’ve been busy with..
A few bars here, a few bars there.. and pretty soon we’re talking real money.
— Paraphased, Donald Trump
- Teraco is in a final budgeting phase, it turned out to be an expensive project. Trying to build a fully n+1 redundant switch fabric with about 8000 GigE ports using no spanning tree for less than 10 bars is an interesting challenge. We’re busy with an exercise of knocking off a few bars on the project.
- Frogfoot and Amobia are planning their Joburg offices
- Amobia completed it’s Southern Suburbs ring and we have a very cool 3D signal GIS map of our coverage area now
- Frogfoot’s new 7 seat call-centre is up and running using Ubuntu and SIP soft phones. We have very nice Asterisk and RT (ticket system) integration now. CallerID based ticket generation and ogg voice recordings attached to each ticket
- It’s crunch time to get our wifi hotspot product finished. It’s a case where the beta product is live and the final touches are needed urgently. We have Radius-proxy/roaming working with one other ISP already
- WAPA’s new websites are very close to launch
- We are working on Frogfoot’s new super-duper WordPress driven website with integrated online shop
- There is a WAPA braai on Friday 25th
- Frogfoot got more IP space from AfriNIC, 18.104.22.168/19, about 8000 IPs
- Frogfoot’s Portal (web management system) now has all kinds of cool AJAX search features
- Frogfoot network upgrades.. we have a new Core2Duo Netflow stats server and we’re planning the move to a full Gigabit network for our routers and core switches.. not that we really need it, we move about 10Mbps of traffic trough the day, but it’s nice to have. We also dumped OSPF and we’re using iBGP again.. which is rock solid
- Figured out how to mass deploy SNOM VoIP phones
- We had an office lunch on Friday at the Brass Bell in Kalkbay to welcome three new frogs
- Mia is running around at full speed
- Don’t forget about the May GeekDinner
- Pics are at the usual place
- And lastly, I’ve given up drinking alcohol.. shock, horror. It’s been more than a month now. Interesting social experiment, most people think I’m a bit crazy. My official reason is that it breaks my forward momentum. My one worry is that I’ll end up as a complete neurotic goody-two-shoes.. no McDonnalds, no drinking Coffee, Coke or Alcohol, no TV, no Smoking, no SMS, no Voicemail, no QWERTY keyboards, no Microsoft products.. is this normal?
PS. If you have a few spare bars lying around, we are looking for investment in our projects
PPS. For those who don’t know, 1 bar = R1million, when the big dogs talk money they talk about bars (-;