Yes, yes.. I know this is long overdue.. blame the Easter weekend and my retox program..
- Monday, a ladies of leisure day with Mia (school holidays), uber juice, watched The Incredibles, gym, swim, smoothie, lunch at Knead.. their hot cross buns with cinnamon butter rock.. I was planning to take Mia's mom some.. the irony.. I resisted, Little Lions Head (Llandudno) walk with Matt and spagbog for dinner.
- So the gizmo at the gym tells me I'm at 22% fat. Hmm.. I guess I could lose 5kg. More 1 hour cardio sessions then.
"You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." -- Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
- First drink in almost two months at the top of Little Lions Head. Cheers!
- Tuesday, Lions Head with Dave, OSA meeting at Monkey Valley in Noordhoek, tea with Nikki at Le Petit Tarte, soccer at La Med with Matt and Andy, burger and foosball at the Camps Bay Club.
- No, I can't tell you what The OSA is yet.
- Wednesday, IS data centre tour with Ed.. my little hobby: DC tours, ISPA workshop about Seacom and DFA, a beer and an interesting chat with Henk, gave a talk about Lifestyle Design at the Facelook event.. group of about 30 people, a welcome back dinner party with Cath, Parri, Georg and Steff.. Andy cooked a really good Thai meal.
- Can you believe it.. parking in Cape Town CBD is now R3.75 per 30min, ffs.
- Thursday, drove to SSW with Andy, spent the afternoon with Mia, Naulene and Francis.. nice bottle of Chardonnay under the treas text to the play area at Manuka, had tickets to Balkanology (thanks Cath) and really wanted to go check it out but ended up at a braai at our house.. kinda like a 2nd bachelors party for Anton in some ways, Chevelle outing.. can't say I remember how the evening ended.
- The complexities of "I'm fine", interesting they are.
- Never forget.. listening is way more important than talking.
"Die waarheid sal jou skrik maak" -- Anton
"Maak vol die olie en check die petrol" -- Anton
- Friday, fetched Mia, cooking day.. drove around SSW shopping and cooking and swimming at Andy's folk's place, lots of couscous and potato salad, Cath and Naulene saw each other again for the first time in.. well, a long time.
- Saturday, Anton's SA wedding in Bettys, cruised through to Bettys with Mia and the lamb in the passenger seat.. spit braai, really nice afternoon, perfect weather for a wedding, Mia climbed up the tent on to the roof of the beach house.. scary, made a fire on the beach that night, good fun.
- Interesting how parenting styles differ. I found Mia with a cup of coke and a slice of white bread.. as given to a few of the other kids before bed.. minor freak out.
- I find Mia is always good company. Always. And a very easy way to escape a boring conversation at a wedding.
"..she can be a bit black and white, but very soft" -- somebody's mom
- The morning air is just awesome. Weird how we so easily forget things like these.
- Sunday, early morning walk on De Wetsbaai beach, a cleaning session, spent the day with Mia and Anton in Bettys, Mia saw her first Crayfish and Perlemoen.. she tried to pull me away from the Crayfish.. very cute, fetched Andy, pizza at Dizzy's, a glass of wedding white wine with Jess.
- Weird how when you have kids you just make peace with losing stuff.. mostly toys, shoes, clothes.. I have no idea how, but these things just get lost.
"You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat, you beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun, and if you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he'll keep comin' back and back until one of you is dead."
-- Casino, about pissing off the wrong guy
- Tune of the week: Sympathy for the Devil.. the Guns n' Roses version, from the end of Interview with a Vampire where Lestat drives off over the Bay Bridge in a convertible.
"Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game."
- If I had to get an R8.. I'd get a matte black one.
Hope you already had a fun week kids.