Last week of summer…
- Monday, raw green smoothie, school run, Waterstone gym (Twitter reading), backups day, office, Andrew took me to visit his 450l barrel of Chenin at Devon Valley to do a balling measurement (-1.8), Mia managed to bump her head jumping on mattresses in the spare room while I was out with Andrew, ice pack, a glass of Chardonnay with Andrew, Monkey Island, bath, Mia read me some Jungle Book, sleep.
“They should just have a big party until August.” — Werner, about WeChat and competing with Naspers and the Chinese.
- Tuesday, up at 6:30, tea, grapefruit and 9 egg-white scrambled eggs – which is not trivial to prepare in 15min while getting a 6yo ready for school, school run, music appreciation: Achtung Baby – she liked the intro to Ultra Violet, Waterstone gym, Stellenbosch gym – the Mens Health Spartacus workout – mostly functional training, office, some market research with merchants around town with Luke.
- School run days really feel like the rat race. Would not want to do it every day.
- Wednesday, green smoothie, school run, gym, office, a beer with Luke, ribs and pizza with Mia at Gino’s, gelato.
- Thursday, school holiday begins, public holiday, omelettes, we finished The Curse of Monkey Island (the 3rd one), braai at Andrew’s house, bath, read, sleep.
- Friday, gym with Mia, installed Monkey Island 1 for Mia, dropped Mia with Naulene, Long Table at Haskell with Werner, Dirk and Falk, Rust en Vrede, Georg came to visit for the weekend, finally unpacked my TV and Hifi.
“Net arm mense het tatoos.” — Georg
- Saturday, breakfast at Basic, galato, 5 Reyneveld, watched Ted – good movie, Brampton, watched the Stormers game at Jan Kats, Stomme Jonge – more than one vodka and Granedine shot.
- Sunday, watched Entourage Season 1, breakfast in the botanical garden, a long nap, babies don’t sleep this well.
- I kinda miss having a wristwatch. Seems I do check it more often that I care to check the time on my phone.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.