Robotics, Wes Anderson movies and writing in bars…
- Week of 11-17 July.
- Monday, dropped Mia off at an EDRO robotics workshop in Woodstock with some left-over pizza as a snack – winning at this dad thing, office, fetched Mia from robotics, a healthy lunch at Suprette, sunset walk to Clifton with Mia, more Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, a drink at Caprice and more IJFA while I updated my blog, Col’caccio’s with Mia and Dan – we chatted farming and off-grid living.
- Coffee is a drug.
- Tuesday, Earl Grey tea with Mia at Superette, dropped Mia off at her robotics workshop, bumped into Dave, Max and Heleen and had a chat at Strolla (Treeshake Network), office, fetched Mia, paleo lunch at Food Fitness Factory in De Waterkant and some plumbing supply shopping, tea with Eugene, some aquaponics tinkering with Michael – we added a snorkel to our bell siphon design – needs more work, Mia finished her Indiana Jones game – cool ending.
“To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time.” — Leonard Bernstein
- Wednesday, dippy egg soldiers with Mia at Superette, dropped Mia off at robotics, catch up chat with Max at Rise, Angelberry stevia froghurt around the Civic Centre, wayleave meeting at the City transport department, office, sunset promenade walk (10k steps).
- You hunt, I’ll gather. I read this and I thought, somehow we’ve build a society where it does not make rational sense to have children.
- Eight Hip Stretches That Counter the Effects of Sitting All Day
“By 2030, there will be a 40% greater demand for water than the supply of water available. We’ve got 15 years to solve the water problem.” — The businesswoman running 1,040 miles across 7 deserts for water
- Thursday, podcast drive to the office, pastrami breakfast at Kleinsky’s at 13:00ish, had a Newlands Spring Passionate Blond craft beer at Savruga in the Waterfront – I sat at the bar and typed up this Mindful Hedonist article which I’ve been meaning to write for ages with a Drive movie soundtrack.
“The new needs friends.” — Anton Ego
- Friday, up early, gym – seems my wrist has healed again, office, Mondiall burger with Jacques and Niel, vitamin shopping, after work drinks on the roof, back to the Savruga bar for some writing – when the barman start to know you…, Cape Town Club with Philippa and friends, Ricks with Al, Hilah and Josh, Van Hunks.
- Paleo diets and multi-vitamins are so 2014.
“You think you’re looking for an opportunity, but that opportunity usually comes in the form of a person.” — It Takes a Village to Raise an Idea
- What would your t-shirt say?
“Create meaning for people.”
- Saturday, woke up at Hilah’s house, breakfast and Bloody Marys at Manna (the whitest place in Africa), took a walk down Kloof Street and had Porn Star Martinis at Asoka, we went on this mission to find Outrage of Modesty, House of Machines, Alexander Bar, dropped Hilah off, in bed early, watched The Royal Tenenbaums again – after listening to the soundtrack in the car over the last few days. Nice to hang out with Hilah, time well spent.
- Sunday, super chilled day, sunset promenade walk with Paul, drinks at Winchester Mansions with Hilah and Paul, phone chat with Mia, watched Life Aquatic again.
- Tune of the week: Paul Simon – Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard
Have a fun week, crazy kids.