A few problems to work on. Take some time and make your own list.
From Seth’s Blog: Hilbert’s list – 23 problems we need to think about.
Here is a list I think is interesting:
- Highly efficient clean food growing, aquaponics probably
- Clean energy and greatly improved energy storage
- Carbon sequestration at scale
- Clean up the oceans
- Replace the University, vocational training with status
- Scalable basic education, particularly literacy
- Cost efficient housing at scale
- Constant realtime health monitoring and telemetry
- Effective treatments for cancer, diabetes, heart disease
- Figure out the human microbiome
- Alternatives to paid labour for humans – getting around the need to be needed
- Distributed living, ways to live outside big cities, smart towns
- Fibre internet to every home and business on the planet
- Re-decentralisation of the internet
- IPv6 everywhere and interplanetary internet
- Optical routing – silicon photonics
- Very high quality telepresence – no need to commute
- Some new way to stimulate startup innovation and generate more founder run small businesses, possibly fully automated, without employees
- Very low cost desalination and clean water
- Safe autonomous and inexpensive transport
- Air travel with much less impact on the environment
- An AI that does boring admin for you
- Take commies for helicopter rides
Basically: a world of abundance through technology.
Give this a watch: Reinventing Societal Infrastructure With Technology
Have a fun and meaningful 2019!