It’s been a while.. let’s see what I’ve been busy with and give you some random news..
- Wrote a press release for WAPA’s legal action.
- The Amobia Joburg network is about to go live. The first Joburg ring is up. Just need to feed it some Internet access.
- Been spending most of my time on the new Frogfoot Website. Very close to done. The blog part is looking good. Still writing some content.
- I could not make it to the last GeekDinner, it was the same day as Mia’s birthday. But my name is on the list for the May GeekDinner. I’m happy to see that the GeekDinner movement is progressing well in it’s decentralised and democratised form.. with the help of a few pillars in the community, naturally.
- A good friend (Dr. Strangelove), who lives in England now will be in Cape Town over the next few days. Let’s hope for some nice weather. I guess it’s time to say goodbye to the summer soon.
- The Amobia Suicide Gorge walk was good fun. I put some pics up. One of the less fit people walked from about 9 AM to 9 PM. Hehe.
- This weekend is the annual Amobia company weekend. Somewhere along the West Coast. Involves paint-ball and 4×4 driving tracks.
- Mia and I went to World of Birds in Hout Bay last weekend. Nice place. We did Butterfly World the week before that. I’m kinda running out of weekend entertainment venues for 2yr olds.. please post some suggestions. Really, please.
- Mia seems to like Red Hot Chili Peppers tunes.
- Attended a Neotel metro-ethernet launch last week. All I can say is “pfffftt”. What lame presenters.
- I’m thinking of doing a presentation about how Frogfoot is using WordPress as a CMS with some WordPress security tips at the next WPCTP meetup.
..back to editing Frogfoot website content again.