Strange week, ups and downs..
- Monday, good fun.. bit of a blur actually, Daily Deli with Helen and Tina, a swim at Beta Beach with Andy, sundowners on Clifton 1st, swim and braai at Chris’ with Cath, Parri and Andy.. basically just another shit day in Africa.
- I figure life is all about the good times you get to share with friends.. it’s no fun living in the most beautiful city without good friends.
“Drowning in a sea of love, where everyone would love to drown” — Fleetwood Mac
- Tuesday, gym, swim, Mouille Point run, chocolate beer and pizza at the CLUG AGM.. elected to the CLUG committee again, Jazz night at Asoka.
- Realised I suck at keeping secrets.
“It’s maybe a good idea to have more carrots than sticks”. — me
found this here.
- Careful what you wish for.
- Wednesday, Neoforum at the Radisson with Cath, Rhodes Memorial with Helen and Tina.. seems I make a good tour guide, Erf 81 (the farm in Tamboerskloof), Table Mountain contour road lookout, sundowners on Signal Hill, Beta Beach, Codfather.. very nice food, had some Marlin and Snapper, Porn Star Martini’s at Asoka… YASDIA (see Monday).
- Thursday, presentation about peering and The Hub Project at the GeekDinner.
“My drinking club has a reading problem” — Henk
- Friday, big mission to try and get my credit card back after a Standard Bank ATM swallowed it in Camps Bay, Mia time, we had home made chicken burgers with the ex.
- I’ve been blogging for two years this month, not long, just twice around the sun.
- Saturday, I was sick as a dog, did as little as possible, pizza with Andy and Marsha, rainy day – tea – built puzzles with Mia – listened to Chris Chameleon, watched the Bank Job and The Dark Knight.. and did not make it to Bianca’s 30th.
“make your own luck”, “I’m not a monster, I’m just ahead of the curve”, “I’m a dog chasing cars, I would not know what do do with it if I finally caught it” — The Dark Knight
- Sunday, gym, swim, Deer Park, uber-juice, nice nap, aquarium.. watched the predator tank feeding session, swim at the Icon building.. and did not make it to the bloggers cocktail party.
- Weird how life is so relative.. the day after you’ve been sick you feel so alive.
- Dr. Strangelove (aka. Ernst) informed me that he will be doing a Cape Town in the Summertime session soon.
Have a fun week lazy kids.