A Pimms and Morcheeba holiday week in Plett.. kickin back, photos to follow soon. Adventure is good for you..
- Sunday, road trip to Plett, listened to Disintegration again.. awesome album, a swim in Vic Bay, swim in Plett, braai.
- Monday, sight seeing run in Plett (as in.. we got lost), nice swim.. good to body surf without the need for a wetsuit, Scrabble, pizza at Carnuci, drinks at the Beacon Isle Hotel with Jess and Georg, watched A Fish Called Wanda again.
- Tuesday, 7:00 run around Plett, swim, wine tasting, burger in Natures Valley, sipping Pimms no.1, nice nap, swim, long walk on the beach, braai.
- Man, too many GP plates in Plett.. never thought I’d say that.
- Wednesday, I made scrambled eggs, a day in Knysna.. to the source of Mitchell’s beer and tie-died shirts, stopped at Noetzie, The Heads tour, brewery visit.. try the 90 shilling ale, good stuff.. cinnamon and caramel, turns out Tapas (bar on the lagoon) burn down a few years ago (shock, horror).. now that was a cool place.. all the new waterfront stuff is so tourist plastic, swim, braai.. Georg’s special oil flamed steak, try Pimm’s and Tequila.. we polished a bottle of Olmeca Edicion Black Tequila with some pineapple and cinnamon.. goes down well, listened to the soundtrack of Rules of Attraction.. makes me want to read some BEE again. We spotted James Small, who had the same last minute xmas shopping ideas.
“A lady in need is guilty indeed” — The Cardigans
- Thursday, drove to Rooiels at 7:00 with some Nude Girls to get us going, drove through Glentana (good memories), road trippin with the top down.. some big room tunes, pouring beer on my chest to facilitate the tanning process (only kidding), listened to the Holiday in Spain song.. good open road music, xmas lunch in Rooiels with Georg and his family.
I remember saying something like “I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive. . . .” And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: “Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?”
Then it was quiet again. My attorney had taken his shirt off and was pouring beer on his chest, to facilitate the tanning process. “What the hell are you yelling about?” he muttered, staring up at the sun with his eyes closed and covered with wraparound Spanish sunglasses. “Never mind,” I said. “It’s your turn to drive.” I hit the brakes and aimed the Great Red Shark toward the shoulder of the highway. No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough. — Dr. HST
- I kinda forgot how cool Knysna and Plett are.. good road trip country. Seems I’ve become a bit of a cruise control junky, I even use it at 50km/h, guess I’m lazy.
- In the end only the photos matter.. on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
- Friday, walked down to the sea to go take out a few mussels.. got nice and wet, fetched Mia in Aryan-geriatric-ville, a day it Bettys with Cath, Parri, Georg and Petr, braai for lunch, braai for dinner, watched Equilibrium again.. maybe just because Ernst and Rachel have a thing for Christian Bale.
- Saturday, “the city calls me home”.. drove back to Cape Town, gym, chilling.. flushed my (ever expanding mobile) notes collection.
“What do New York (Cape Town) couples fight about? ..I don’t wanna know ’cause I forget” — Morcheeba
- Realised I’m in a bit of a strange loop.. been having the same December holiday since 2000.
- My E71’s little speaker freaked out on me.. it’s making this weird distorted sound.
- Seems I finally managed to get my number removed from and SMS spam list, thanks WASPA, it only took a bit more than a year.
- If you only have one new-years resolution this year.. give back the things you borrowed from your friends.
- Next full moon if you want to do a Lions Head walk:
Sunday, Jan 11 2009 at 20:32 ..or maybe a full moon picnic at the Taalmonument on Paarl Mountain.
- I’m such a sentimental fool, I keep finding a pair of Mia’s socks in my trousers, but leaving them there so I can find them again.
- Sunday, yes this week’s post has two Sundays.. breakfast with Jaco in Blouberg.. a good friend from Stellenbosch days, he seems happily married, nice nap, drove down to the Labia for a beer (and a movie), watched Mamma Mia!.. rather entertaining for a movie where people randomly burst into song, a walk on Glen Beach, phoned Mia to say goodnight as the sun was setting, listened to The Stokes drinking cheap Chardonnay to lit up Table Mountain views.
- Laugh of the day.. “Cappuccino with foam please”.. I’m no coffee connoisseur, but this is a Mug and Bean culture evil.
- Seems I’ve picked up this habit after Suicide Gorge of ordering two beers to start, waiting for the second one when it’s summer is such a drag.
- Upgraded to WordPress 2.7, I like it.
- I managed to exchange exactly zero xmas presents this year.
- Thanks for the stay in Plett Jessica.
Have a fun holiday crazy kids.. and an awesome NYE party, I’m planning an interesting one.