Bit of a blurr, disturbance in the force.. since about Monday night actually… the last week of 2008:
- Monday, gym, worked on a speaker bio page.. just to amuse myself, nap, Andy got back from Portugal, pizza at DaVinci’s with Keith (the travel writer) and Andy, ended up at Kyoto Sushi Garden to drink the Shinkansen cocktail.. aka The Bullet Train (581km/h).. Suntory Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky (yes, from Lost in Translation) and Red Bull. Good stuff. Some Portuguese wine and a 1981 bottle of Delheim Cab.. I’m happy to have survived that.
- I think I agree with Andy’s theory about brunettes.. they are usually just more sexy than blondes.
- Tuesday, watched Rushmore again, “She was my Rushmore”, watched The Royal Tenenbaums again. Had about 1GB of photos to sort and process. Radio interview about the GeekDinners on SAfm.. which was fun.
“When one man has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself”. – Jacques Yves Cousteau
- Wednesday, braai at Debby’s in Stellenbosch with Andy, Ingi, Paul etc. Prizm Rezonance (big outdoor NYE trance party), back to Debby’s, party on.
- Dear lord, you should see the woman at these trace parties. Hot. Happy New Year!
- Jacques.. the London cousin asked something like: aren’t you to old to be going to a trance party.. yeah, but the other people I know that are going are also too old.
- Thursday, back to Cape Town, drinks with our neighbour at about 4am (he lost his keys), chill session on the Table mountain contour road.. Andy’s favourite spot. Sleep. More sleep. Back to the NYE party to see Goldfish, back to Debby’s, party on.
- Can’t help it if I’m lucky. Close call.
- Friday, woke up in Stellenbosch, Debby made very nice bacon and eggs, fetched Mia, drove to Bettys, spent some time with Cath and Parri.
- Saturday, day on the beach at Betty’s, braai in Rooiels at Georg’s, afternoon swim.
- Sunday, woke up in Bettys, dropped Mia off, watched High Fidelity, nap, Pizza and tequila at Da Vinci’s, drinks at La Vie with Camila and Adin.
- “I love me cuddle” — Adin.. how the Irish say I love sleeping.
Remember kids.. adventure is good for you. Have a fun 2009.