Week 4/7. Planning to get a few things done before mid-April.
- Monday, dropped Mia off at school in SSW, the Pest Busters came to kill off all our pets.. no more ant farming, finally registered for SARS e-filing, spinning.. bumped into Bev, Glen Beach sunset walk.
- Somebody commented that they find my conversation “refresing”, hmm.. more like strange, actually I figure I keep on blabbering about the same stuff.
- This made my day.. hero in a halfshell.
- I seem to have this thing for Sweet Basil these days.. just love the taste.
- Tuesday, Lions Head walk.. bumped into Dave, Camps Bay beach walk, soccer at La Med (with Andy).. I scored, did some business plan writing.
- I wonder how people use mobile phones that don’t multi-task?
“If you don’t teach your cat about catnip, who will?” — Andy
“Sure, but you realise none of them pay any tax right?”
- Wednesday, took a run from Bakoven to Bantry Bay along Victory road.. I like that area between Clifton and Bantry bay, haircut at B’s, Long Street.. Neighborhood bar with Jonathan, Dave at Julep.. bumped into Sam, turns out Julep and Boo Radleys were started by the same people.
- It’s scary how much plastic we collect at home… you could build a.. hmm, well I’m sure you could do something with it (-:
- Tune of the week, mostly Smashing Pumpkins..
Well, I’ve been afraid of changing,
‘Cause I’ve built my life around you,
Time makes you bolder,
Even children get older,
And I’m getting older, too. — Landslide
The original Stevie Nicks version is also pretty cool.
- Funny how I feel I’ve processed ideas once I’ve put them on my blog. I can easily find them again and they can leave me alone for a while.
Quote of the week: “Stay hungry, stay foolish.” — The Whole Earth Catalog and Steve Jobs, Commencement address at Standord 2005
- Did you ever wonder about his.. Kaapstad vs Cape Town (Kaapdorp)?
- My todo list and blog notes seem to work like a FILO buffer these days.. I figure it’s because of the excitement factor that dies down after a while.
- I think I like Princess Walker more than Texas Ranger.
- Thursday, gym, swim, Boo Radleys, Panama Jacks with Andy, Flora and Olli, Kyoto Sushi Garden.. seems Scott’s new place is almost done.. it’s in Long
Street next to Joburg.. Ultima Tapa.. on the wall is a big print of Salvador Dali’s “L’ultima cena” (The last supper).
- Time heals all. Had a chat with Olli.. seems his parents have been apart for 12 years, but it’s still strange having them in each other’s company. Hope we can be civil _and_ friendly in less than 12yrs.
- Friday, minor car service (free carwash included), spotted the new Q5.. nice, Telkom DC visit.. loved the 70’s floor tile style, Mia time.. looking after number one, Deer Park play area, sunset beachfront drive, watched The Incredibles again.
- Looking after number one.. I joke about this, but I figure it’s very true. As Mr. Incredible says: She is “my greatest adventure”.
“..and that’s not a double standard, it’s just different.” — Warwick, on the topic of child custody arrangements and mothers always assumed to be correct.. the dad has to be in time, but it’s not required for the mother.
- Finally upgraded my (7) blog farm to WordPress 2.7.1.
- Saturday, tea, The Incredibles, gym, swim, smoothie, Tinka Tonka toys.. amazing all the little random things you can pick up for R80 in a toy shop.. bless the Chinese, Plinka Plonka play area to pick up a copy of Cape Town’s Child.. kinda focused on groovy Cape Town moms, but I like it, Llandudno Beach with Andy.. nice sunset drive back, watched Wall-e, watched Troy.. not bad.. a bit lame at times.
- I’ve had this annoying minor ankle injury since the last Suicide Gorge trip.. it was stiff in the mornings and annoying when I ran. I’d say soccer and Power Plate fixed it.
“Oh right. You kinda would have thought it would have got it’s own bullet point.” Jonathan, about a romantic mishap.
- I’ve started reading the Roald Dahl books (which Anton sent) to Mia, she seems to get bored quickly and she wants to read on her own. Maybe I’ll try again soon.
- Sunday, Biedouw Valley Honeybush Rooibos tea, Monsters Inc, gym, swim.. actually Mia pretty much swims on her own these days.. I just help her dive
things off the bottom, flapjacks at Knead, Turkish Delight ice cream at Sinn’s, nap, Cozy Bay beach, back to her SSW home, spent some time at the office.
“I never did dislike her.” — about other people’s friends.
- Looking forward to Anton’s wedding in Bettys. I need a hot date. Maybe Mia will be Petr’s hot date.
“You had to give it to him: he had a plan. And it started to make sense, in a Tyler sort of way. No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which
does not matter truly slide.” — Fight Club
“Could it be that I’m already free?” — Lark
May your minds be free. May you have a fun week kids.