Captains log, stardate 20090607..
Yes, yes.. this is very late.. this is actually from the first week in June.
- Monday, mostly an ISPA and WAPA day, Mouille Point walk.. bumped into Joerg, nice home cooked dinner, watched Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Tuesday, some inbox scrubbing, beer and pizza with Georg at Carliles.. with Jack Johnson background music, 12 hours of sleep.
- Wednesday, nothing like some Cure on a rainy day, gym.. on a two week project to bench my body weight again, swim, banana and maple syrup smoothie.
“I’ve never wanted something rational” — Alanis Morissette – Head Over Feet
- Don’t you just love it when you scrub your inbox for a whole day, you start with 9 messages and you end with 10.
- “frogman of the information pool“.. haha.. don’t drink and blog kids.
- Trying to convince Mia’s mother that Homeopathy is absolute bullshit.. her stubbornness is amusing. Some people just can’t spot the logic traps in battlefield life. When a friend with a PhD who has had cancer tells you it’s useless.. it’s useless. Henk wrote a good post about this.
- Thursday, Westcon Data Centre workshop thing, tea with Chris at Origin, beer at Babbo in Obs with Andy, red curry noodles at Kauai in Camps Bay.
“I just asked myself… what would John DeLorean do?” — Raoul Duke
- Friday, car mini service (again.. but I don’t complain too much, free valet), Moussaka for lunch with Cath at Neo.. bumped into Gaby, power nap, Grand Daddy to watch Dave, Boo Radleys with Cams and Aiden, dinner with Cath and Parri at Anytime.. rocket salad is pretty good, Jess’s house warming in Salt River.. not easy to find, Kink 80’s party with Andrew to watch Pierre play.. good fun.
“If you want to make money, be disruptive” — Cath
- The Audi guys tell me they are expecting a v10 R8 soon.. also v12 Q7 and A5 Cab.. hmm.. A5 Cab should look good.
- “Construction time again” — cool name for an album, from a slide at the 80’s Kink party.
“..that’s why we call her the body, not the face” — Andrew, about that girl at Kink
- First weekend without Mia in a long time. Her mother send me a text on Saturday morning saying I can’t see her.. I obviously had a bit of a sense of humour failure.. some things you just don’t do.. you don’t send somebody a text message saying they can’t see their daughter. ffs.
“Hi, plans have changed. Meebs is staying here and going to school on Monday. C u next weekend” — Naulene
- Saturday, Mouille point walk with Andrew, we met Phil the kite guy, rugby and beer at Catu with Georg and Christo.. nice fish and chips pub lunch, sundown Delheim Chardonnay on the Beta Beach rocks, watched Police Academy.. very 80s, 12 hours of sleep.
- Sunday, awesome sunny winters day, tea and Pistachio yoghurt with Thomas at Neo, gym, watched the new Star Trek.. pretty good, Jade to watch Dave and Schalk and Gerald.. very good show.
“Bread Head” — what Chris Roper calls people who are obsessed with money.
“She could have had it all.” — Thomas, just something I like to remind Mia’s mother of from time to time.
“Broadcasting is about politics, telecoms is about money” — Steve Song
“Society doesn’t need newspapers. What we need is journalism.” — Clay Shirky, yeah.. who reads them anyway.
- MPLS is for girls. Real men use Carrier Ethernet.
- I sometimes look back at the stuff I’ve written on this blog and think.. WTF? Oh well, at least I can ignore the old lame content on most days and move forward. Stay foolish.
- Interesting idea: five.sentenc.es
- People like good news. Don’t build a reputation for only contacting (phoning) people when you have bad news or you want something from them.
- I figure I’m lagging a bit. I had an always-on leased line in 1999.. I should have had fibre at home by now dammit!
- Two people upset me this week with statements they made.. mostly because they don’t get me.. the choices I make and the things I spend my time on. I figure it’s important to tag these gumption trap events and not get stuck on them. They are not ready to understand, don’t try to explain.
“You should have a little comment section on your blog” — Andrew, hahaha, this kills me. Andrew.. scroll down to the bottom of the post.
- After Dave sent me a link to an article about work I realised.. I suck at forced work.. I’m much better at productive tangents.. I figure they often blend back into productive work in the end.
- Tunes of the week: Hotel Costes, Vol. 8, the first two tracks.
Have a fun week crazy kids. Live long and prosper (..that’s from Star Trek).