The hot cars, the hot cameras, the hot chicks..
- Monday, tea, scrambled eggs on toast, a cable car contour road run with Ingi, Andrew made a nice Snoek dish for dinner, a very good bottle of Waterford Chardonnay 2008 and icecream.
- The recycling people made a few comments about the number of empty bottles of wine they collected since their last visit.
- Tuesday, making some changes, a run to Camps Bay, bit of celebratory Royale Ostrich burger and a few Laurentina’s with Georg and Andy, Planetarium show about SALT, Karaoke night at Dizzy’s.. which was painful.
“If you take all these chairs out you can have a decent rave in here mate” — Andrew, about the Planetarium
“Does anybody want a cap of acid?” Georg, just before the Planetarium show.
- Wednesday, gym, smoothie, Georg made a stir fry and we watched It’s all gone, Pete Tong.. good fun.
- Interesting story about OpenBTS at Burning Man.
- Thursday, Internetix.. the Cape Town ISP and Social Media industry is small.. felt like a knew 1/2 the people, watched Tyler’s talk about the mobile web, watched Justin Spratt’s talk about mobile VoIP, met Barbara from Obami (probably the highlight of the conference), pretty good conference but IS was mentioned way too much and I can’t say there was anything new, bumped into (Leeukloof) Scott at the tyre place.. first thing he asks me is: “How’s your love life?”, took a walk to Clifton, NSBI meeting #5, gourmet home made ostrich burgers and a good Shiraz.
- Friday, Audi MVP day, awesome fun, awesome weather, awesome people, had a bottle of Springfield Methode Ancienne Chardonnay on Beta Beach with Andy, nap, Georg’s birthday party at Carlyle’s.
- Amazing the high from driving fast cars.. Gaby and I raced from Camps Bay to Mouille Point, R8 vs TT Roadster. Made my week. Big thanks to Audi Centre Cape Town.
- I put new tires on my car and had the alignment and balancing done. Noticeable improvement.
- Saturday, woke up after 12:00, met Naulene and Mia for lunch at Neo, Mouille Point playground and walk, rugby at Neighbourhood while Mia and Ingi baked cookies.
- Well on my way to make it through the winter without getting the flu.
- Frogfoot now has 5 * Extreme X450 switches. Nice purple toys.
“Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories.” — Arthur C. Clarke
- Ever had the feeling that everything you’ve done so far has been preparing you for something new?
- I now have a Canon 50D DSLR with 17-85mm lens, a late birthday gift from Joe to Joe. Now, I’m thinking how to motivate buying the 5D.
- Tune of the week, the intro track on Viva la Vida, Coldplay.
- Sunday, gym, swim, smoothie, lunch with Thomas at FSH in Kalk Bay, tea at Melissas in Newlands, Beta Beach walk, a nice salad, bath, reading, sleep.
- Thomas thinks I should write a book on modern fatherhood.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.