A Joburg trip and some live music photography..
- Monday, photo processing, Glen Beach walk, nice salad with Ingi and Saxenburg Private collection Shiraz, watched Layer Cake.. good movie.
“Always remember, the art of good business is being a good middleman.” — Layer Cake
- Tuesday, WAPA exco meeting, walked around Long Street, tapas at Fork with Ingi, ice cream at Sinful, got new beach bats at Rainbow, nap, soccer at La Med.
- Wednesday, CTSP day2, flew to JHB, good catch-up time with Dr. Ernst, we had dinner at the Westcliff Hotel.. nice pool area overlooking the Joburg Zoo, good Mulderbosch Chardonnay, best Sole I’ve had in about 5 years, single malt whisky drinking session.
- I was not impressed when the CTSP class photo of the week was of a pot of golden syrup when I took photos of probably the hottest girl at RTD. Anybody can take a photo of syrup.
“Bring my wit safari pak, 20 sigarette en ‘n tub Kentucky” — Ernst
- Good to see the good doctor, not only because he can write prescriptions.. we seem to be in a very similar boat with relationships.
- Thursday, Protea hotel sucked.. staff seemed very confused, drove past my high school.. Menlo Park, training day for Media24 in Pretoria.. on online collaboration tools.
- I watched this John Lennon documentary.. as David used to say.. I still want to spend a night in jail fighting for a good cause.. just need a revolution to support (-:
- Kulula sucks, no self help check-in service, no lunch option on a 1pm flight.. I really don’t want to stand in a queue if I have no baggage to check in. Muppets.
- Friday, good to be back in Cape Town, gym, lunch with Cath at Neo, dinner with Georg at 5 Van Ryneveld in Stellenbosch.. nice sesame crusted seared tuna burger, Kleine Libertas to watch Dirty Skirts, aKing and Fokofpolisikar, my first on stage live music photography.. good fun.
“Entertainment this bad has to be educational.” — Georg
- Saturday, played beach bats on Clifton 2 with Georg, walked around the new Cape Quarter in De Waterkant, visited the market where Ingi sells juices, Mia time, Beta Beach, watched School of Rock again, tuna pasta, bath time, reading, sleep.
“How do you know you’ve been robbed by a gay guy? Your furniture has been rearranged and there is a quiche in the oven.” — Georg
“Have you had tantric sex?.. Well, I’ve been with guys who’ve had tantric sex with me.” — Ingi, answering Georg’s question
- Sunday, tea, watched Happy Feet again, lounged around the house, gym, swim, aquarium, sundowners at Sand Bar with Cath, Parri, Shawn and Georg.
- I played some Rach3 in the car for Mia and she instantly fell asleep.
- I really need a photo blog. Soon.
Have a fun week kids.