I had this thing for fish and chips this week.. a few days of real Joe relaxing holiday and time with cousin Jacques..
- Monday, fetched Jacques at 6am, tea at Newport, breakfast at Lezari in De Waterkant, visited Mia at Manuka, picked up a case of Longridge Chardonnay from the source, visited Yonder Hill for olive oil, visited Andrew, Waterford wine and chocolate tasting, Buena Vista (stb) with Andy and Vanessa, visited Georg, Glen Beach walk.
- Tuesday, Chapmans drive, nice La Motte Chardonnay at Cafe Roux, Cape Point drive, afternoon at the Brass Bell, Beta Beach sundowners with Cath, Parri and Georg, a swim and drinks at home with Georg and Keith.
“gaan julle homo’s nou braai vanaand? Bel my indien wel. niks chick nie asb- wil nie slaai eet nie” — email from Georg
- Wednesday, got my car back, fish and chips at La Med, dropped Jacques at the airport, Camps Bay Mojito tour with Georg.. Caprice, Sandbar, Col’cachios, watched Transformers.. pretty lame.
“In any negotiation, violence is always an option.” — Jacques, who weighs 120kg and needs two bungy cords to jump off a bridge.
“While the music is playing we have to dance.” — Jacques about the banking industry
“He’s like a braaibroodjie, but with fig slices and brie.” Jacques, about Georg
“There’s nothing like Vivaldi before your head gets chopped off.” — Jacques about Japanese Cows
“Hot chicks make better tea.” — Jacques on employment policies
“The legal system only works if people don’t trust each other.” — Jacques
- Thursday, visited Lauren and her new house, dropped Lauren off in Nettleton rd Clifton.. wow! you should see the houses there, I want one, fish and chips at La Med with Georg, watched Iron Man with some Longridge.. good movie, nice R8 placement.
“Lippe teen die klippe.” — Lauren
“Heat up the sake.” — Iron Man
- Friday, haircut at B’s, moussaka and a nice bottle of Glen Carlou Chardonnay with Cath at Neo, Mia time, watched Lion King, hake and salad, bath, Olivia books, 10h sleep.
- Make time for friends. There’s nothing worse than having to decline an invite three+ times. It’s not always easy to match schedules, but make time for that random lunch that turns into an afternoon catch-up.
- Saturday, tea, Lion King, Rhubarb Room with Debby, Marcia, Keith and Georg.. go check it out, gym, Tinka Tonka.. got Mia her first jewellery/music box, watched Planet 51 at V&A.. good fun, hake and chips at the aquarium, played at the aquarium until it closed.. Mia loves that ~ant-farm climbing area, Beta Beach sundowners with Georg, mini-pita and salad, watched Short and Sweet.. amusing to watch old Schuster movies.
- Sunday, tea, Lion King 2, painting, gym, long swim with super seal Mia, smoothie, bumped into PW, aquarium photo session, dropped Mia off, Kauai, photo processing, a few beers at Carlyle’s with Georg.
“Do you have any idea what we spent on that surrogate mother?” — Georg, to a girl in Carlyle’s who made some remark about ‘should have used contraception’ when we were talking about finding a babysitter who likes rock concert weekends.
- First Mia takes my Tempur pillow, then she stretches out pushing me to the edge of a king size bed like only her mother could, but always keeping her feet pressed against me for comfort and security. Pity they are 3 only once.
- I now take my own bags to the shops when I go shopping.. it’s an easy new years resolution to tick off.
- Ever worry about false memories? Like in Blade Runner. At least I have about 30k photos over 10yrs. That, is not easy to fake.. weird little comforts (-:
- Go sign up for the January GeekDinner.
Back to school. Party’s over. Move along.