Week of upgrades and becoming a Mac Kiddie again..
- Monday, carwash, gym, photo processing, Clifton walk, veggie dinner at Henk’s.
- Ingi moved out, Kris moved in. Ingi is now living with BB.
- February is the best month in Cape Town, nice weather, less tourists.
- Tuesday, admin, pool cleaning, home PC upgrade (extra 1TB and nvidia card), walked from Vredehoek to Andy’s lookout spot along the cable car contour road with Georg, very good lentil moussaka at Sidewalk Cafe, Waiting Room with Henk, Elodie and Karen, dinks at Julep.
- Henk has this theory that there is an over-supply of woman in Cape Town, that’s why so many nice girls tolerate losers.
- Wednesday, TF brand strategy workshop at Aiden’s with Jonathan, Posticino pizza at Posticino, nap, run to Bantry Bay.
- Thursday, tea with Jaco at Neo, installed the new MacBook Pro, big backup day, TF meeting, nice Thai yellow beef curry at Carlyle’s with Georg.
- I do a big off-site backup every 3 months. It’s about 100GB now (not counting any audio/video). A terabyte seemed like a lot of space a while ago.. not so much now, but it still takes forever to move around.. you can tell I’ve been creating RAID sets?
- I’m a Mac kiddie again. Actually not much has changed since the v10.3 days. I now have a MacBook Pro 13″ with 8GB memory, a Magic Mouse, Apple keyboard, 26″ LCD and Griffin elevator stand… all working very nicely together. Oh, and a groovy exo-skeleton-like Crumpler Gentleman Farmer bag.
- Lesson of the week.. don’t be afraid to pay for expert skills, it’s quicker than doing it yourself and you learn a lot in the process.
- One more lesson.. stand for something. Some people will love you and some will hate you, which is way better than not even being noticed.
- I’ve been pondering two things this week.. that point where you act on strong instinct.. and, the question you ask yourself after you created something.. is it beautiful?
- Friday, breakfast with Jonathan at Crush, gym, business plan workshop at the Barn, fetched Mia, Orms visit, sunset Beta Beach walk to play with the new circular polariser.
- I had a chat with a friend recently.. I asked something like “how is fatherhood treating you?”.. he commented that it’s a bit strenuous on the relationship between him and his wife.. and mentioned that it’s hard without a support network of grandparents who live nearby. Statistically, many relationships end in the 1st year of having children. You can probably guess why this is interesting to me. Even more interesting is unsupportive grandparents who do live nearby.
- I think I’m an excellent ex (-;
- Saturday, uber juice, gym, swim, lunch at Depasco with Keith and Georg.. try the balsamic chicken sandwich on yellow corn bread, photo safari around Cape Town CBD with Keith, snacks at the Eastern Food Bazaar.
- Sunday, uber juice, stuffed ourselves with watermelon, gym, swim, picnic at Kirstenbosch.. watched aKING with Debby, Georg, Gerjo etc.. seems Mia was not so impressed, more watermelon, awesome sunset, great light.
- Selecting good photos is turning out to be harder than taking them.. it involves discipline and routine.
- I think I need to change the way I answer my phone.
- Tune of the week: Why Do I Keep Counting?, Sam’s Town, The Killers.
- Mia seems to like The Killers.
“Stuckness shouldn’t be avoided. It’s the psychic predecessor of all real understanding. An egoless acceptance of stuckness is a key to an understanding of all Quality, in mechanical work as in other endeavors.” — R. Pirsig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- I’m thinking of making Mia a compilation of all the music from her 3rd year. She’s turning 4 at the end of March.. “Full of stuff she likes. Full of stuff that make her happy.”
Have a fun week kids.