Speak softly and carry a big idea..
- Monday, tea, made fresh juice, gym, swim, Naulene meeting #4, photo processing, meeting with Jonathan, a long beach walk.
“By now you should have somehow realised what you’ve got to do.” — Wonderwall, Oasis
- Tuesday, monthly health check-up and vitB shot, manicure, Earl Grey tea at Crush, 1km swim, SE10 at the Radisson.
- Wednesday, tax guy visit, pool shop visit, office space shopping with Lyle, Christo visit, Audi Centre visit, Mia birthday cake logistics, post office visit, Heavy Chef.. got a tshirt, supper with Robyne at Sinns.
- Very interesting to hear the story of other people who tried something similar (to TrustFabric). Seems our biggest risk could be that the world is not ready.
- Some people like things to be real. Some people like things to be unreal. I think I like unreal things becoming real.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
“I’m afraid that sometimes you’ll play lonely games too. Games you can’t win ’cause you’ll play against you.”
— Found these on Jonathan’s blog
- Thursday, Lions Head walk with Maz, good to hear an engineer’s view on addressing the poverty problem, design session with Mike, tea and Bircher Muesli at Knead, 1km swim, a run and Clifton beach walk.
- I figure some people aspire to be average and some work very hard not to be average, but in the bigger picture, it’s very hard to be average. As Maz says, when we’re hungry we just buy something to eat.. but that’s only about 10% of the population.. check out: The Broccoli Project
- Friday, a Neo day, meetings with Nikki, Ingi, Max, Beta Beach photo session with Mia.. we bumped into Lambro and Anna, Mia kept Anneline Kriel busy, watched The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, pita salad, bath, read, sleep.
- I showed Mia my photos of Notre-Dame. She’s into numbers and adding now.. 3+3=6 kinda stuff.
- Saturday, tea, watched Lilo and Stitch, Mia helped make a smoothie, Jacsharp and Bed on Bricks at The Cape Farmhouse near Scarborough, Fish Hoek beach play area, pasta salad, bath, read, sleep.
“A rise in income has only a small and transient effect on happiness and well being, but people consistently overestimate this effect. Kahneman et al. proposed that this is a result of a focusing illusion, with people focusing on conventional measures of achievement rather than on everyday routine.” — http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring, yeah I kinda agree happiness is your weekly routine.
- At this rate of tea drinking I’ll consume about 6kg of honey a year.
Mia: You know what.. I don’t like my Mom’s boss, but I like your boss.
Joe: What do you mean your Mom’s boss?
Mia: Her boss is her brain.
- Installed ScummVM. DOTT is awesome. Now I just need to get it working on Mia’s iPod.
- Sunday, tea, made fresh juice, gym, swim, smoothie, toy shop, aquarium.. watched them feed the sharks, Mouille Point play area, bath, read, sleep.
- My magic mouse ran out of battery power for the first time. Very annoying.
- I’ve been getting into using Aperture… but I’m not too sure what all the buttons do yet.
- Tune of the week: Don’t stop me now, Queen.. Mia plays it over and over and over.
Soon we can all be hacking the social fabric.. Have a fun 4 day week kids.