Getting on with it..
- Monday, tea, Incredibles, made fresh juice, lunch with Naulene at Cafe Zest, nap, a run, burger with Kris at Da Vinci’s Kloof St.
- The Naulene thing seems to be making progress at last. We have Monday meetings, a clear agenda and detailed (signed) minutes of meetings.
- After the Monday meeting I get to the parking area, where I find Naulene about to drive off with Mia in the front seat, with no car seat. Major sense of humour failure. I stop her and explain what happens when you break suddenly. Mia says something like.. but we often do this. W.T.F. Obviously I sent her lawyer a note about that.
- Tuesday, admin and pool cleaning, TF tech meeting at RCYC, a quick run and swim, TF meeting.
- So, we think in language. I think programmers and engineers are just by nature more hardcore because of the language they get used to.. “failure case”, “an exception”, “deterministic process”, “transactions” etc.
- Wednesday, tea with Simon at Neo, dentist visit, Frogfoot office visit, haircut at B’s, watched Up in the Air at the Labia.. very good, food shopping, a run to Bantry Bay.
- I enjoyed Up in the Air.. I liked the way the he had a methodology of dealing with the world, it made him self-contained. Kinda like a modern day Batman story.. and then a woman gets involved.
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a
hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build
a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate,
act alone, solve equations, analyse a new problem, pitch manure, program a
computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.” — Robert A. Heinlein, via Goof
“Joe is the kind of guy who believes something must be done right even if it’s hard.” — or something like that.
- Thursday, breakfast at Paranga with Gerald, admin, a salad and a swim with Ingi, meeting with Aiden, walked around Table Mountain with Georg.
“Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” — Georg
- Friday, St Cyprians open day.. a potential Rushmore for Mia, Crush summer smoothie, bumped into Elan, a long swim, chai latte with Aiden at Neo, Mia time, Beta Beach walk, supper, bath, read Mr Fox, 10h sleep.
“It’s about excellence, not perfection.” — SCS Principal
- Saturday, tea, Mulan, made fresh juice, made music compilations for Mia, we browsed some old photos.. mostly to figure out what birthday cake she wants this year, nap, gym, swim, sunset pizza on Camps Bay beach, bath, read Planet51, sleep.
- I had a bit of a thing for Lipton green iced tea this week.
- Sunday, tea, Monsters, Inc., gym, swim, lunch at Knead, book shop, Goldfish at Kirstenbosch with Georg (with the tickets I won).. Mia managed to get lost even though she asked to be left at the supervised play area.. not fun, found her soon afterwards.. I think she now understands why it’s not a good idea to run off, Ravioli at Bella Italia in Vredehoek.
We have a big milestone to reach by the end of this month. Have a fun week kids.