I had a thing for Kauai Appledisiacs this week…
- Monday, full day ISOC INET conference.. I chaired a panel discussion about fibre and Metro Ethernet and played photographer.
- Why is the new Madame Zingara in Century City? That’s just wrong.
- Passed the 200 Twitter followers mark. Seems like a small number. Guess I’m just not that popular with the Twitter kids.
- Three posts you should read about TrustFabric: 1) The World is Wrong, 2) What is TrustFabric?, 3) TrustFabric vs Diaspora.
- Tuesday, nice long lawyers meeting about Mia agreement, got a 15″ digital photo frame for my mom (which Naulene has agreed to load up with photos), gave a presentation about TrustFabric at CLUG, dinner at Forrester’s with the CLUG geeks.
- Seems we’re making progress with the legal docs, in a good way. It’s only been about 2 years.
- Wednesday, gym, meeting with Dave at Cafe Sofia, admin.
- I have no clue what to do for my birthday this year.
- Thursday, Lions Head walk with Jonathan, gourmet pizza with Morgan, tire fix.. excellent value for R50, GeekDinner in Greenmarket square, Julep, Kir Royals at home.
- Somebody suggested that it’s rare to meet only children. Seems the stats say about 20%. I guess 1/2 only children are even more rare.
- Funny how it can be uncomfortable to find out that someone reads this blog. Yes, it’s probably all true. Dammit.
“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.” — Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- I think my problem is that I’m fanatical about uncertain things. When they become too certain I get bored. I’m pretty sure I’ll grow up soon.
- Friday, let’s just say I took the day off, Beta Beach walk, fetched Mia, book shop, Kauai, too much time in the Wellness Warehouse. Yes, I missed the Lexus day, sorry Aiden.
“Reap the whirlwind” — what I think when I see Naulene and the life she has created for herself.
- I think I want to live in Gardens again. I like the urban village vibe. Walk to the Labia etc.
- We got Mia a new (movie time) tea bottle. I think I may be struggling with her not being 3yo anymore.
- Saturday, fresh juice, a sunny laundry day, Mia’s first bicycle accident (not so bad), V&A shopping.. we found another of the smallest garments Cape Storm makes.. in purple this time, watched rugby at the aquarium with Georg.. which was interesting because I think for the first time we hoped different teams would win.
- Never really know if I should support the Bulls or the Stormers. I’ve still spent more time in Bulls country than Cape Town.. ~1.2:1
- Goodbye Dennis Hopper. Rest in peace. I loved True Romance.
- Mia sometimes says “Oh my god” I’m trying to figure out if that bothers me.
- Sunday, raw choc smoothie, gym, swim, took a drive in the winter sun with the roof down, Tamboerskloof farm visit.. looks a bit different since the cops keep their horses there, Mouille Point play area, ice cream, tea at Neo, (last) Beta Beach walk and photo session, dad’s house cuisine at its best, bath, sleep.
- We’ve become fans of fresh pasta.. with some olive oil, pesto, sundried tomatoes, Mascarpone and some Kanonkop red.
“Because I’m big now.” — Mia, when I asked her why she chose to climb across 6m of monkey bars or her own for the first time today.
- Weekends often feel like something from About a Boy. Two big kids out and about. Pop music and impulse decisions.
- Mia now has a green (Yoda) lightsabre. It bugs me.. I should have also gotten myself one.
- Last Beta Beach walk for a while. Getting ready to make some changes. Life out of Beta.
- The thing about big change is that it makes you appreciate the things around you more. You notice them again. More real.
- Tune of the week: Mr E’s Beautiful Blues, Eels.
- Flying to London and then Brussels on Thursday. I need some adventure.
See you crazy kids on the flipside.