Life-affirming bullets points for the week..
- Monday, gym, pizza at Knead with Naulene, TrustFabric dev meeting at the Barn, burger in a bowl with Georg, admin.
“Humans of Earth! I have come in peace. You need not fear me. I mean you no harm. However, it may be important to know that most of you will not survive the next 24 hours. And those of you who do survive will be enslaved and experimented on. You should in no way take any of this personally – it’s just business! So, just to recap: I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.” — Monsters vs Aliens
- Tuesday, meeting with Mike at Crush, published some photos, fetched my UK visa, went to buy iWork.. for Keynote, Orms visit.. got new 60MB/s CompactFlash card, card reader and SD card for a photo frame, gym, spinning, admin and prep for a Belgium visa.
- I used to publish my photos once a week on a Monday, now I try to publish them once a month.
“I can’t remember all the times I tried to tell myself to hold on to these moments as they pass.” — A Long December, Counting Crows
- Wednesday, .BE visa visit, TrustFabric meeting at the Barn.. bumped into Vinny on the way in, lunch at Manna, tea with Ed.. we want to go climb Kilimanjaro, email session at the office (Wembley), gym, spinning, smoothie, the usual late night admin and tea drinking.
- I think.. if I could make peace with the idea of working on someone else’s dream.. I could have been in the tech PR business.
- Interesting story: http://tribalwriter.com/my-bio/
- Thursday, admin day at home, Keynote workshop at V&A iStore, Kink.. not the best photo session, need better low light AF kung fu.
- I love driving around Cape Town at night listening to Jazz.
- I’m busy pondering which mobile phone to get next month.
- Friday, interesting meeting at the coffee shop in the CBD BMW dealership.. where the cool kids from Naspers hang out, collected my .BE visa, applied for Egypt visa, attended a presentation by Andrew Rens about open source licences with Debby, Mia time, got two new shirts at bluecollarwhitecollar, Beta Beach sunset walk.
- For some reason I just don’t like the word: bespoke.
- Saturday, watched Batman.. mystery of the bat woman, flapjacks and maple syrup, La Med for rugby, pizza and sundowners.. I’m teaching Mia to throw a ball like a boy.
- Snack of the week: Sundried tomato, Mascarpone, Avo on toast.
- Tunes of the week: mostly Dave Matthews.
- I now have more than 1000 comments on my blog.. from 555 posts.
- Sunday, fresh juice, aquarium, dropped Mia with her mom, started watching the 2nd season of Californication.. but I figure one was enough.
- I’m presenting a TrustFabric CLUG talk on Tuesday. See you at the GeekDinner.
- My last week in Bakoven is coming up. Out of the comfort zone again.
Have a fun week crazy kids.