A week with Mia, organising visas…
- In the last 26 days I spent 19 days with Mia.
“The New New Man is perhaps a better father than a husband. He loves his children with a passion that frightens him.” – January 2009 GQ
- Monday, German visa application centre with Naulene.. who seems to be using Mia’s school bags as her carry-on travel bags, travel agent visit, fetched a new credit card, Waterfront to get a printer and scanner, got Mia a new Blu-ray movie, toy shop.. we got her a big Buzz Lightyear toy to match her Woody toy, watched Surf’s Up, bath, read, sleep.
“Winners find a way, no matter what, ’cause that’s what winners do” — Surf’s Up
- Tuesday, UK visa application centre, tea at Lambro’s, lunch with Ingi at Neo, Mouille Point play area, nap, Deer Park, bath, read, sleep.
- Did you ever wake up and think that what you were busy with was totally awesome.. that you would not trade it for anything? Getting there is all the fun.
- Wednesday, dropped Mia at school in Somerset West, HPV meeting in Technopark, fetched Mia, met the guys from Embark Mobile in Stellenbosch, Waterfront lunch.. had to get a jacket repaired, nap, took Georg’s cat some food, cooked supper for Andrew and two married woman (Ingi and Bianca), bath, read, sleep.
“Nobody ever had a dream round here, but I don’t really mind that it’s starting to get to me.” — Sam’s Town, Killers
- Thursday, work, dentist visit for Mia and I, laundry drop-off, gym, swim, Waterfront to get Mia a (most awesome yellow bee shaped) suitcase, fish and chips at CTFM, we went to feed Georg’s cat again, bath, read, sleep.
- This may sound strange but I kinda miss doing my own laundry.
- Friday, fetched Mia’s UK and Schengen visas, gym, swim, Orms visit to ponder my low light AF problem again.. played with a very nice 100mm macro lens, went to buy gifts for Jonathan and Aiden.. Talisker, signed an Amobia share sale agreement in the children’s section of Exclusive Books in Kloof st, Mouille Point play area, Aiden’s birthday at La Vie.. shared a pizza with Mia, bath, read, sleep.
- Saturday, bread making course at Jordan wine farm with George Jardine, Andy, Debby, Ingi and Julia, a long lunch, nap, made pizza at Jonathan’s for his 30th birthday party while Fiona looked after Mia.
- Interesting, on the way to Jordan Julia told me she made a new years resolution a few years ago that she may not say no to an invitation to an event.. this would explain Andrew’s confusion.
“I kinda like how this camera does not really focus.” — Ingi, “Yeah, kinda reminds you of your life.” — Debby
“You did something right, she has a deep sense of self confidence.” — Louise about Mia
“Life is all marshmallows when she’s with you, dude.” — a cautionary word from Andrew about Mia’s two lives
- Sunday, photo processing, backups, gym, swim, pizza at Knead with Georg, little Beta Beach with Nicky, Mia introduced Nicky to Star Wars (ep2), bath, sleep, Georg and Petra came over for a glass of wine.
I’m off on a bit of an adventure this following week.
Rock ‘n Roll, kids.