A week with Mia in Cape Town..
- Week of 13-19 Sept. This is the 124rd update.
- Monday, configured the Nokia N900, gym, swim, Waterfront shopping.. got a Magic Trackpad and a USB charger, braai at Chris’ house with Georg and Kate, tea with Nicky.
- Jacques is still stuck on a Greek island somewhere.. probably writing something like The Rum Diary. Passports are lame. Little books with stamps and stickers which are easy to steal.. surely we can do better. I suspect the only reason we have passports is to make us think the biometric data is not the primary reference.
- Only managed to use the N900 for two days before going back to the E72.. but Mia liked Tetris on the N900.
- Tuesday, tea and Bircher Muesli at Knead, gym, swim, wine tasting at Kalvin Grove with Andy and Julia, while Mia went to Fiona’s house, had a long chat with Pieter from Cederberge wines, I had a chat with somebody from the Cape Wine academy.. could be cool to do another wire courses.
- Wine tasting notes.. check out: The FMC by Ken Forester.. wooded Chenin, Ratafia by Haute Cabriere, Diesel Pinotage by Beyers Kloof.
- Wednesday, tea, gym, swim, we went for haircuts at Bianca’s, invited Georg for supper, cooked a broccoli and peanut sauce meal at home with a bottle of Kanu KCB 2006 wooded Chenin.
- I phoned Andrew to figure out how to make peanut sauce, who was at work so he asked George Jardine.
- Thursday, made fresh juice, gym, swim, toy shop, another broccoli meal, better peanut sauce.
“Never forget these moments.” — A tshirt I spotted.
- Friday, tea, gym, swim, vitB shot, Kauai salad, aquarium, tea with Nicky.
- I feel a bit like Andy Dufresne.. I write the gym manager one suggestion card per week.. this week I asked for more seating at the kids pool, wifi upstairs and to calibrate the touch screen of the cardio equipment.
- Saturday, early Clifton 3rd, extended Deer Park lunch, played with FaceTime on the new iPods, frozen yoghurt at the Waterfront with Nicky and a ride on the Cape Town big wheel, Mia and I raced Nicky home, just after sunset with the roof down, singing along to Killers tunes.
- I found my underwater camera again, in my beach cooler bag. A bit annoying that it missed the trip to Greece.
“Single?” “Yes I am, why do you ask?” — Georg, when the waitress wanted to know if he’d like a single/double G&T.
- Sunday, added ~2500 photos to Mia’s iPod.. should have gotten the 32GB version, installed Monkey Island i/ii for her (awesome), Bircher Muesli at Knead, gym, swim, photo processing, sunset Beta Beach walk, pizza at Col’caccio Camps Bay with Nicky.
- I was a little bit frustrated missing Earth Dance this weekend.
- I now have 5 devices which take photos, this makes photo processing more interesting. Mia seems a bit snap happy with her new iPod.
- This was a week without a fridge. Not such a big problem it turns out, but you have to go to the shops daily.
- Tunes of the week: Mia played Chris Chameleon over and over.
- I think I need to go on a Being Good week or three.
“We are defined more by what we like than who we are.”
- Some people really are saints.
Have a fun week, pirates.