Week three without Gluten. This post was delayed. I think I needed to process a few things.
- Week of 4-10 Oct, btw.
- Monday, woke up with mild food poisoning, made fresh juice, dropped Mia with Naulene.. found out Naulene was pregnant again, nap, Meerlust wine tasting with Georg and Milton.
- Something changed on Monday.
“Be cool on this shit, okay, cubbie?”,
“I mean, at least try to show both sides.”
“I need to find a baby for this father.”
“Yeah, I think I know what you mean.”
— Steve and Cubbie, Life Aquatic
- Tuesday, gym, Alpha6 tweaking at Jonathan’s, a salad at Mango Ginger in Obs, more Alpha6 tweaking, comedy night at the Purple Turtle with Georg, seared tuna at Asoka.
“In the end the only real value added to society at large is people building things which other people want. The rest are support-staff ;-)” — PW
- Wednesday, gym, salad at Crush, took a walk from Georg’s house up Table Mountain and back via Oranjezicht.
- Thursday, nurse checkup and VitB shot, a chat with Annette at Wembley, TrustFabric meeting at the yacht club, went to look around the Open Innovation studio with Max, Am I Collective “13” exhibition in Kloof st, Sidewalk Cafe with Georg and Cath.
- Seems I need more iron in my blood.. eat your broccoli and spinach kids.
- Friday, meeting with Scott, drove to Rocking the Daisies with Georg, night of mayhem, goood fun.
“The only DJ I can tolerate being fat is Carl Cox.” — Keith
- Tequila ice cream.. now there’s an idea.
- Saturday, woke up in the Kreef Hotel, spent some time by the dam, another night of mayhem.
- The RTD Red Bull tent was awesome.. good job Mike. Boo was good. Springbok Nude Girls was excellent. I put a fair bit of mileage on my sandals.
- Had a good nostalgia moment listening to the Nude Girls again.. 1996ish, Jacobs Ladder, Stellenbosch.. “you are my friend”.
“He’s on special drugs.” — OH at RTD, about Chris Chameleon/Boo
- Sunday, rainy day, drove back to Cape Town, watched The men who stare at goats at the Labia.. pretty good.. 3 Kings meets The Big Lebowski , fetched Mia.
- Tunes of the week: Behind the Sun – Chicane
- I figure you can narrow down life to two ideas: a) it’s a game, b) be thankful for being able to play.
I’m sure you had a fun week.. especially if you attended RTD.