Life, liberty and the pursuit of excitement..
- Monday, tea, gym, swim, smoothie, Nike factory shop, tea with Naulene at Manuka, dropped Mia off, dinner with Andrew at 96 Winery Road.
- We got Mia some shoes with laces, she seems keen to learn to tie a bow.
- Tuesday, slept till 11:00.. babies don’t sleep this good, spent the day at Wembley.. drinking tea, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s with Georg, jazz night at Asoka.. nice vanilla Martini’s.
- Wednesday, gym, swim, Crush, nap, Digital Cowboys at Cafe Chic, 27Dinner in the Old Castle Breweries building, Asoka.
- This no-gluten thing is actually pretty easy.
- Thursday, breakfast at DeliCat / Tokara in Stellenbosch with Jonathan, TrustFabric strategy day in Franschhoek, some video script writing, braai, Talisker.
- Friday, woke up in Franschhoek, omelette, lunch with Steve at Neo, bumped into Meg, Table Mountain walk with Georg, dinner at Jordan Wines restaurant, Wijnhuis with Anton, Georg, Andrew and Marcia, Mystic, Aandklas.
- I got Mia into a good school for 2011.
- Saturday, woke up in Stellenbosch, omelette at Lazari with Keith, met Naulene at Wembley, gym with Mia and her sister while Nauls went for a facial, chilli juice at Crush, Bakoven house visit and Beta Beach walk, aquarium, ice cream, fish and chips at Willoughby’s, selected some flowers to be delivered (a first).. why? hmm, maybe because of a text message in good English (no sms-lingo).
- Sunday, gym, swim, Llandudno Beach play-date, lunch at Deep Park, nap, watched Atlantis2, bath, read, sleep.
- Mia can now swim a whole length of the pool, underwater, holding on to my back.
- I think one of the best compliments I’ve ever gotten was that I surround myself with people who are very real.. which I guess is really a complement to all my friends. Thanks for putting up with my crazy ideas.
- Mia seems to love eating Pistachio nuts.
- How does it feel to have it all? – the question that keeps evolving.
- I suspect the best Capetonians are the ones who moved here about 10 years ago.
- Tunes of the week: Paul Van Dyk
Have a fun week, crazy kids.