A week of real holiday..
- How awesome is it when you forget which day of the week it is?… deep holiday mode.
- Monday, walk from Bakoven to Clifton1, freshly made juices with Vanilla Stoli, awesome nap, burger at Royale with Georg, beet at &Union, Jameson on Bienne’s roof terrace, watched The Great Gatsby at home.. super slow moving movie, but I figured I needed to actually finish watching it this time.
“Willer as die Wildtuin.” — Georg
- Thinking back, this was the first new years where I did not have to figure out what I’d be doing for a NYE party and it’s also the first new years I really could not care much for new years resolutions.. I pretty much know what I need to do.
“Ideas that spread win.” — Seth G.
- I now have 300+ Twitter followers. I’m still not really sure about my Twitter voice/strategy. I guess it’s simply about passing along things I find interesting.
- Tuesday, pizza with Jonathan in Camps Bay, Naulene dropped Mia off, Little Beta Beach, perfect day.
“Everybody wishes that the police will arrest people who drive slowly in the fast lane.” — Mia, her mom must really get unhappy when this happens.
- Wednesday, got up at 9am, watched Nemo, raw smoothie, gym, swim, shopping, Little Beta, awesome Big Beta Beach sunset session, took long exposure shots while Mia chilled in a blow-up boat in the bath, read, sleep, perfect day.
- I suspect Naulene is jealous that we often get up after 9am around here.
“Gobber: Now, where did Hiccup go wrong today?
Ruffnut: Uh, he showed up?” – HTTYD, I feel this way about my last meeting for 2010.
“The truth is.. I am Iron Man.” — Tony Stark, cool end of a movie .
- Thursday, HtTyD, raw smoothie, gym, swim, Little Beta Beach, braai and sundowners with Mia, Georg, Paul, Claus, PW, Gerjo and Misi.. Paul made The Crow’s Nest drinks again, I made Cosmo’s, perfect weather, perfect day.
- The pirate flag seems to be getting some character… the one corner is unraveling a bit.
- Friday, Naulene fetched Mia, Longridge Chardonnay on Little Beta, sunset bubbly on Big Beta with Georg, made Cosmo’s, perfect weather, perfect day.
- Naulene managed to get Mia sunburnt. Sense of humour failure.
- Saturday, watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind again.. not as good as I remembered it to be, fetched Mia, a glass of wine at Miason Estate in Franschhoek, swim, braai with Mia, Nikki and Shannon, a few more glasses of good Chardonnay.
- It seems I have a type (of girl I like). And it seems to be “The Royale Burger Waitress” type.
- Sunday, woke up in Franschhoek, swim, an awesome lunch at Bread and Wine, Franschhoek Motor Museum, dress shopping at Beluga Bear.. got Mia a red polka dot dress, Huguenot Monument photo session, a long swim, pretty awesome pizza, read, sleep.
- Mia has a new favourite person.. could be because of the feather boa present. Thanks Nikki.
- Btw. If you read my little weekly rands you should probably be nice and go like this page.
- Tune of the week: Getting away with it, James
Yeah, sorry this post was a bit delayed. No, I don’t have a good reason for that. Have a fun week, crazy kids.