A life aquatic week..
- Need do start thinking about being good again. Too many good memories of being bad I guess.
- Monday, woke up in Franschhoek, drove back to Bakoven, lunch at La Med with Jonathan, built some Pirate Lego with Mia.. first time she completed a Lego project from the manual, bath, read, sleep.
- Tuesday, we painted Mia’s finger and toe nails, bright pink (obviously), gym, swim, aquarium, ice cream, DVD shop, Waterfront shopping, watched The Emperor’s New Groove.
- I’m getting pretty good at painting nails.
- Mia managed to give herself her first paper-cut. She was not happy with herself.
- Best decision of 2010: to spend 3 days a week with Mia.
- Wednesday, got up at 6am, Mia’s first day at school (Grade 00), tea with Naulene at JennaViva.. I asked her to marry me, again, haha, she didn’t say no (or yes), made a nice salad for lunch, took a walk to Camps Bay beach.. figured this was a lame idea: too windy, turned around, got a g&t and had some two minute noodles (for the first time in 10+yrs), watched Life Aquatic again.. always awesome.
- Wednesday was my first working day for 2011… and TrustFabric’s 1st birthday.
- End of an era. No more 3/4 day week split… doing the 2/5 split because of school now. A bit sad. Let’s hope I’ve prepared her well enough for the amount of time she’ll be spending with her mother. I need to figure out how to spend more time with Mia in 2011.
“Hey intern, get me a Campari.” — Steve Zissou
“Ned: Why didn’t you ever try to contact me?
Steve: Because I hate fathers, and I never wanted to be one.” — Life Aquatic
“That pregnant slut is playing us like a cheap fiddle!” — Steve Zissou
- Note to self: Watch Garden State again.. and The Mexican.
- When do you get to that point where enough is enough?
- Thursday, productive day, swim, walked to Glen Beach, Thai Yellow Curry at Carlyle’s with Georg, Bienne and Chris, had a very Fight Club near-death experience, g&t’s on the deck.
- We figure Georg’s DJ name should be: DJ Danger (is my middle name)
- Friday, had a strangely zen day.. as days after near-death experiences go, Friday afternoon drinks on the beach with Jonathan and Georg, nap, Naulene dropped Mia off, we had dark chocolate goji berries, I made gluten-free penne for supper, had a glass of Chamonix Pinot Noir, bath, read, sleep.
“I became the calm little centre of the world.
I was the Zen master.
I wrote little haiku poems.
I e-mailed them to everyone.”
“A friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a body.” — Jonathan
- Saturday, watched The Emperor’s New Groove, gym, swim, gluten-free wrap, shopping.. got Mia a new red polka dot hat for school, Little Beta swim, Campari’s with Georg, Big Beta sundowners with our neighbours.. awesome weather, bath, read, sleep.
- Sunday, raw chocolate green smoothie, gym, swim, Deer Park.. cheese cake and ice cream, dropped Mia at Naulene’s, very good glass of wooded Chenin blend at Andrew’s, Glen Beach sunset walk, conveyor belt sushi and sake with Georg at Codfather.. the sundried tomato parcels rock, found my Sennheiser headphones and listened to Fires about 20 times while writing this.
- Mia can count to 100 now.
- Sometimes I think I should have gotten a daughter first.. and then a girlfriend.
- Tune of the week: Fires, Band of Skulls ..actually the whole album is pretty cool.
- Some days I wish I could find music to be in love with the way I used to be in love with Moloko.
See you at Origin, crazy kids.