Cape Town, in the Summertime, in February..
- Monday, a day of not driving, woke up to find Andrew on the couch, Lara quit.. she got a bursary to go study at UCT, took an afternoon, walk to Clifton1 and a sunset beach walk back, tuna pasta.
- Seems of all the milk alternatives Mia likes rice milk the most.
- Tuesday, early morning beach swim, fetched Mia from school, had Dorado and salad at CTFM.. Mia had calamari, watched Tangled.. good movie – a bit sad at times – we cried like little girls, children’s party gift shopping, dropped Mia with Naulene, a visit to Andrew’s new house up in Spanish Farm.. nice area, he made a good salad, photo processing.
“I’m the only person in my class who can flick and draw hearts.” — Mia
“Did I ever tell you I’ve got a thing for brunettes?” — Flynn, Tangled
“The worst thing you can do for those you love is the things they could and should do for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
- Wednesday, early Little Beta swim, CDH meeting in town, 1 hour full body Swedish massage at Wembley, 2.5 hour spinning class, pizza at Col’Cacchio’s Camps Bay with Georg.
- Thursday, a day of not driving, early swim.. Big Beta for a change.. had a brief that with Anneline Kriel, omelette at Cafe Sofia with Jonathan, Little Beta sunset swim, a walk to Glen Beach, calamari and salad at Marika’s with Georg.
“Everything you want in the world is just outside your comfort zone.” seen on FB
- Friday, seed investment meeting in Stellenbosch, lunch with Theo and Paul at the Black Horse centre, fetched Mia from school, food shopping, Little Beta beach swim, Mia watched Planet51, Big Beta beach sunset photography session, tuna salad, bath, read, sleep.
- Saturday, Mia’s morning fashion show and some dancing, swimming lesson.. group swimming for the first time, car wash and Wellness Warehouse shopping, braai at our house with Olivier, Flore, Trynity (who makes post rock epic film soundtrack music) and Tory.
- Sunday, woke up feeling tip-top.. like really good.. this no-drinking thing is awesome, met Naulene at Neo, Aquarium with Mia, her sister and Naulene, I made a salad at home, extended Little Beta Beach session, Mia went home with Naulene, photo processing, another braai.. ostrich and chicken this time, watched Fear and Loathing.. fell asleep 1/2 way again, babies don’t sleep this well, perfect weekend actually.
- The life aquatic with Joe: Sunday family day – at the aquarium with Mia, her half sister, the ex girlfriend – pregnant with Mia’s soon to be half brother: Marlin.
- Flow time in the beach house: I process photos, Georg mixes music.
“In a lesbian household there is no shortage of batteries.” — Naulene, about me needing to buy batteries for the TV remote.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.