- Monday, early walk to Clifton1, client meeting in Gardens, VC meeting, supper with Keith at Limoncello.. we wanted to check out the new Cafe Paradiso, but it was full.
- Mia started dancing lessons.
“…and thirdly, the code is more what you’d call “guidelines” than actual rules.” — Pirates of the Caribbean
- Tuesday, walked to Glen Beach, pizza with Morgan and Jonathan, walked to Clifton1 for a swim, watched some Louis C.K.
“It’s a tool, not a nanny.” — Jonathan, about OpenSSL
- Wednesday, met with Gareth in Kloof Street – editor of the Silicon Cape newsletter, 2.5 hour spinning, Louis C.K.
- Mia is getting a new 1/2 sibling on +- the 5th of March.
- Percentage of Mia’s life that her mom has been pregnant: 31%
- It seems Naulene has decided she wants to employ an au pair soon.
“Well I guess it ain’t easy doing nothing at all.” — Why Don’t You Get A Job, The Offspring
- Seems the German baker has been claiming unemployment benefits for the last few months back in Germany.. while working. Real upstanding guy. He’s not going to be around for the birth of Mia’s new 1/2 sibling.
- Thursday, Vineyard Hotel, fetched Mia from school, lunch at Bodega/Dornier, ice cream at Butterfly World, Hillcrest Berry farm, Delair, rock shandy’s at Lanzerac with Debby and Romek, dropped Mia off – fetched Naulene, my first parents cheese and (not-)wine function.. I’m pretty sure I was the only guy who rocked up in a tshirt, shorts and slops (my work clothes).. tip: avoid the parents with Power Balance bracelets.
- Do not go to Delair. They did not want to serve us afternoon tea. Muppets.
- Naulene thinks I’m the most stubborn type.. only child + Afrikaans.
- Friday, fetched Mia at school, Orms visit.. I got a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens, we had our hair cut at Bianca’s, food shopping, beach time, bath, read, sleep.
- Saturday, Despicable Me, gym, swimming lessons, pasta salad, beach time, Beta Beach rocks photo session with the 70-200, bath, read, sleep.
- Mia weighs 22.5kg now.
- I feel like I need a sabatical to catch up with photo processing and publishing.. or I need to teach Mia’s mother how to use Aperture.
“Entrepreneurship is living a few years of your life like most people won’t, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can’t” — Unknown, via Henk.
- Sunday, up at 4am.. a bit of adventure, Masqued Ball with LKB and Tanya, bumped into Olwyn and Milk, awesome drive back with Malan, roof down, good tunes.
- Sunday, Mia went to her first (nippers) life saving lesson at Clifton 4 with Fiona, followed by a planetarium visit and a braai.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.