Ok, let’s just get this done already.. let me produce a bit of content so I can go back to just consuming.. just like you.
- Monday, car service day, sushi for lunch, sunset walk to Clifton, Louis C.K.
- Tuesday, walked to Clifton1, work, swim, work, swim, processed notes from my phone.. all the way from Aug 2010, took a walk around Bakoven to watch the sunset, Louis C.K.
- I figure there are two types of people, nerds.. who like to focus and don’t like many options, creatives who don’t really like to focus and keep collecting options. The nerd in me fears I’m becoming a creative.
- Wednesday, tea with Tim at Melissa’s in Constantia, 45min spinning class, Beta Beach swim.
- Thursday, monthly health checkup and vitB shot, developer interview, rocket and watercress salad for lunch, Louis C.K, braai, Tunes Thursday ™.
- The state of Joe’s health: good progress on blood pressure and cholesterol – now well within the happy range.. but Hemoglobin is down.. seems I’m anemic now (13g/dL).. more spinach and rocket on the menu. That’s what happens when you stop drinking for a month kids.. you eat a lot less red meat.
- My photos were used in this video
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast” — unknown ..focus on convenience.
“Stay in the space.” – PW, about start-ups and what he learned from Mxit
- Thank goodness I did not have a child before digital cameras were around. What a waste that would have been.
“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom.” – Bob Dylan
- Friday, early morning swim, met a really cool girl on the beach called Francis, a fresh (chilli) juice with Ashley at Manna – Kloof st, fetched Mia from school, we released Beta 2.1, beach time, sunset photo session, salad and protein shake, bath, read, sleep.
- Our collection of ~400mm beach shots is growing nicely.
- Saturday, a day of relaxing at home, grapefruit, Despicable Me, photo processing, raw smoothie, Mia manicure and pedicure, charged all our iPods (4), organised Mia’s room, swimming lessons were cancelled so we chilled on Big Beta beach with Paul and Claus, sunset braai with Georg, Kris and some Lyambiko on 3 hifi’s through the house.. I figured we needed some jazz for a change, bath, read, sleep, watched Tron Legacy.. amusing but not good enough to keep me awake, walked into a sharp corner of a cupboard in the dark – while trying not to wake Mia, blood running down my face, sense of humour failure.
- If I have a pirate scar under my right eye.. it’s a parenting scar okay!
- Spray plaster: even better than sliced bread.
- Sunday, nippers, shopping, played photographer at LKB’s 30th at the Ambassador pool deck, Naulene fetched Mia, Thomas visit, photo processing.
- Loving the 70-200mm lens.
- Naulene was due to pop on Saturday, but she’s thinking it will be another 3 days or so.
- She’s been less of a cow lately. Marginally less.
- Seems Mia wants to be a designer and a model.. she must get that that idea from her mom. Her dad wants her to be a countercultural revolutionary.
- FaceTime is freakin useless. We switched back to using Skype for dad – daughter comms.. now that it does video on the iPod touch.
- Getting ready for the next house party. Dr. Ernst is flying in for the event.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.