This is the time of the year where you start thinking about your next holiday right?…
- Monday, walked to Clifton1, bumped into Richard on the beach.. we had a chat about outdoor parties, being single and working for yourself, tuna rocket salad, sunset Little Beta swim, braai with Georg and Kris.
- I don’t have Monday blues, but I usually miss Mia when I’m cleaning up her room.
“If you want to be somebody, if you want to go somewhere. You better wake up and pay attention.” — seen on FB
- Mia is 5 years old this month. That’s 3 years of being a single dad. Hmm.. single for 3 years, well.. I guess that’s not so strange.
- Tuesday, an omelette with Johann at Crush in St George’s Mall, a fresh juice at Crush in Wembley Square, fetched my copy of The 4-Hour Body I ordered, got a lens cap for my 16-35mm at Orms, client presentation, nice sunset drive, a beer with Aiden at La Vie.
“We think too much about the past and the future. Relish the present.” — Aiden
- I figure my worst enemy is the things that I’m not entirely happy with but don’t bug me enough for me to want to invest time in changing them.
- Wednesday, a 3minute spinning class.. not sure what happened to Lance, but his replacement was no good, sunset swim, CA design session.
- Thursday, lunch with three Mxit friends in Stellenbosch, fetched Mia from school, clothes shopping for Mia, got three USB sticks, I got a new watch, dropped Mia off with Naulene, played photographer at the Fokofpolisiekar book launch at Stellenbosch Woordfees, another quick Mia visit, Aiden visit.. he took me for a tour of the Lexus workshop with a 4.6l engine of a R1m car being fixed, Sterhuis wine tasting, dinner with Bienne at Anatoli’s.. had some Raki, Turkish delight Martini’s, a bottle of Sterhuis Chardonnay and a selection of starters.. Bienne asked me when Naulene and I are getting back together, photo processing with some Talisker 10yo.
- I really missed my Chardonnay. I really don’t like Sauvignon Blanc.
- Bienne thinks this blog reads like a cheap Royal Tenenbaums script.
- My pirate scar turned out ok.
- Friday, tea with Sarah on the green sofa, massage at Wembley Clinic.. a very good idea, omelette for lunch at Crush, fetched Mia, Aiden visit, Mia climbed around a few expensive cars, Little Beta swim, bath, lightsaber battle in the dark, read, 11h sleep.
- Somerset West really is a special place.. you see cars with two “baby on board” signs in the back… Cape Town and Stellenbosch’s ugly sister. Special needs, ugly sister.
- A very relaxing weekend…
- Saturday, gym, swimming lesson, shopping, awesome nap, beach walk, upgraded our iPods to iOS 4.3, sunset braai and Campari’s, watched the last Louis C.K. episode with some Talisker.
- Mia is now 1.16m tall. Her breaststroke kick is looking good.
- Sunday, we got up early to take photos of the Argus Cycle tour leaders coming past Bakoven… Victoria road was closed so we spent the day at home, nap, Mia and Georg played hide and seek around the house, watched The Princess Diaries 2, Naulene waddled in to fetched Mia, I walked to our local bar for a beer with Aiden and Georg, bumped into Adriaan, Aiden fed us drinks and made us dance to UB40, made pasta at home.
“Yowza, that’s stylish!” — Mia, about the queen’s outfit in The Princess Diaries 2
“I’m a social hand grenade. Pull the pin. I’m going to go off.” — Aiden
- Tune of the week: Village Idiots, Catatonia.
- At least I’m never bored.
“You can divide our industry into two kinds of people: those who want to go work for a company to make it successful, and those who want to go work for a successful company.” — Jamie Zawinski
- Sending time with Mia is almost like an alternate reality.. a different outlook on things, new discoveries and cool toys. A mini-holiday every weekend.
“To be a princess, you’ve got to believe that you’re a princess.” — The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement
- My new theory on why people in their 20s have failed relationships: well, they were in their 20s and they thought they were bulletproof.
- Do not go to Caprice with a crazy Irish guy on a Sunday evening!
- Yes, I do all my own stunts for this blog.
- I’ve noticed some traits in Mia that make me think she’s going to be a bad loser. Excellent.
- Naulene’s new album is now 8 days late.
- Update: Mia’s new 1/2 brother was born the (following) Monday at 12:00: Marlyn – 3.7kg
Enjoy the last few weeks of summer, crazy kids.