Free yourself. Nobody else can…
- Yeah, this post is late.. I’ve been busy, processing photos I guess.. three sets.
- Monday, public holiday, grapefruit, we painted a mask, Kris’ bday cake, beach time, bumped into Chrisna, 4 kids running around the house in costumes, dropped Mia with Naulene.. met Marlyn, Fokofpolisiekar at Klein Libertas in Stellenbosch, met Paul and Etienne there, bumped into Henk, got a copy of their new book and had it signed, played photographer.. filled up a 16GB flash card using the 70-200mm f/2.8 lens.. lots of fun.
- Tuesday, day without using my car, photo processing, salad for lunch, walked to Clifton, steamed veg, off to bed pretty early.
- Wednesday, sunrise (6:30) Lions Head walk with Dave, tea with Lee from Toodu at Wembley, Orms visit.. got a new bigger sling bag which can take the 70-200mm, haircut at Bianca’s, a walk to Clifton with Georg, steamed veg.
- It’s safe to say this blog is evolving to be much more personal than social.
- I suspect I might just be running a bit low on hugs.
- Thursday, work, walked to Glen Beach, phoned Mia, burger at Primi Camps Bay, washed it down with two Moscow Mules, watched Zombieland again.. awesome movie.
- It’s a bit disturbing that the only phone number I know from memory is Naulene’s land line number.
“Nut up, or shut up.” — Zombieland
“He was in the ass-kicking business and business was *good*” — Zombieland
- Friday, walked to Clifton 1st, Sunday Times interview at home, had a chat with that cute girl on the beach again, fetched Dr. Ernst from the airport, drinks at Salt bar with Thomas.
- I’ve been “consciously and explicitly reminding myself to be fully and exclusively in that moment”, mostly on morning walks.
- Saturday, beach time, fillet steak braai with Thomas, Pirates of Beta Beach house party.
“Menlyn: die Tafelberg van Pretoria.” — Bienne
“You have to be dead inside not to like it here.” — Ernst
- Sunday, got up just before 7, we drove to the Groovy Troopers party around Tulbagh with Tori and Etienne, the GPS wanted to go over the Bain’s kloof pass, arrived at 10:00ish, played photographer coach.. Tori took most of the photos, mostly 70-200 and some 16-35, bumped into all the cool kids, sunset drive back with the roof down, sipped Talisker at home sitting on the steps in front of the house looking out over the ocean.
- All round awesome weekend with the good doctor. One to remember.
“We should be creating new good memories.” — Ernst
“Dit was my derde tweede jaar in ekonomie.” — Etienne
- Tune of the week: Strobe, Deadmau5
- Note to self: Need to train my friends to use auto focus on a DSLR. Most of the pics of me taken with my camera are out of focus.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.