Mia’s 5th birthday weekend..
- Yeah, this post is late, it’s for the week of 28 March to 3 April.. I’ve been busy.
- Monday, omelette at Sand Bar with Ernst, Mia visit.. lupper at Manuka, dropped Ernst at the airport, photo processing.
- Tuesday, design session with Mike, Mia bday cake arrangements, some Aperture self education, misty sunset walk to Clifton, photo processing, three bean salad, babies don’t sleep this good.
- It’s been about 1.5yrs since I got a DSLR. Need to figure out the next level.
- Wednesday, work, never left the house.
“Niemand lewe rerig nie.” – Fokofpolisiekar, good music for driving.
- Thursday, phoned Mia for her birthday, client meeting in De Waterkant, fetched Mia, Waterfront party shopping session, fish and chips and calamari at Willoughby’s, fight club moment, toy shop, shoe shopping, food shopping, got Mia a winter jacket, Little Beta swim, bath, steamed veg, read, sleep.
“The people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fuck with us.” — Tyler Durden. Ernst quoted this at the Groovy Troopers party, saying that this is the new Fight Club generation. He was right. I had a bit of a Fight Club moment sitting down for lunch on Thursday as the waiter and I kinda knew each other from the last few outdoor parties.
- Friday, How to train your Dragon, gym, swim, met Ernst at Knead (he flew down again), Mia had her usual ham and pineapple pizza, Bienne joined us for a beer, Little Beta swim with a glass Springfield Method Ancienne Chardonnay, bath, read, sleep, Ernst had a few tequila slammers.. then joined Crackbook (which he has been resisting for years) and walked around in my 5 finger shoes.
- Georg had a girl.friend visiting for the weekend.
- Saturday, hoisted a Mia party flag, Neo brekkie, swimming lesson, fetched the cake at Charly’s, party shop, Mia’s 5th birthday party on Little Beta Beach.. cake, fun and friends.
- Yes, I had some of the birthday cake. First cake in about 6 months.
- Mia had three birthday parties this year: school, mom’s and dad’s house. Perks of the non-nuclear family.
- With Mia turning 5yo I’m a bit worried about the gym’s play area having an age limit of 7.
- Driving past Neo I made some comment about the “cool kids”. Mia figured I was talking about “cool cats”. I asked her if her mom is a cool cat.. she answered.. no, she’s an “angry cat”.
“It’s Lone Ranger time: ten to ten to ten.” – Ernst
- Sunday, got up at 5ish, Love and Light festival near Rawesonville with Ernst, played photographer, Mia spent the day with Lara, we met at Kirstenbosch for an aKing show.
- It seems Dr. Ernst’s secret social filter is teeth. He figures a girl’s teeth say a lot about her.
- Another really super awesome weekend. Lots of photos to process.
“Short, sharp and shattering.” — Ernst’s theme
- Tune of the week: Monoloog in Stereo, Fokofpolisiekar.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.