Dear NuMetro Muppets
My daughter and I visited the NuMetro at the Waterfront this weekend. Your self-help kiosk user experience is uber lame. The rest is an email I sent to the manager of the branch:
Things to fix..
- It should allow me to select a child movie ticket, yes, I get that people can game this but you need to come up with a solution. Surely the person at the door should be checking the tickets.
- It should detect if it can’t talk to the credit card gateways and show that it’s offline.
- If it can’t talk to the credit card gateway it should fail with “error” not “declined”.
- Screensaver goes on while it’s busy processing transactions.
- You probably want to sort the list of movies to exclude once-off shows, I have to scroll through 20 art movies to buy a usual movie ticket.
- You probably want to print something if a transaction fails so the person has proof of the failed transaction.
This is not rocket science. Twice I’ve had a really bad experience using your self help kiosks. This is 2011, not 1996.