Happy winter hibernation…
- Monday, woke up in Montagu, drove bock to Somerset West, dropped off Mia and family, back to Cape Town, sunset run.
- Tuesday, we polished the first TrustFabric Connect release, I presented a talk on privacy and VRM at Heavy Chef, we launched TrustFabric Connect Beta 1.0.
- TrustFabric Connect is what you would call a pivot.. I think the best pivot is a re-focus. You probably have to pivot at least once to earn your stripes as a tech startup entrepreneur.
- Remember: nobody knows anything.
- Wednesday, hot chocolate with Lee at Knead, another hot chocolate with Chris at Field Office, smoothie at Crush, spinning class, Chateaubriand steak at Hussar grill Camps Bay with Georg, DJ Georg played some tunes.
- Thursday, work, a wrap at Kauai, SiliconCape Thirsty Thursdays at Alba Lounge V&A.
- Friday, meeting in Stellenbosch, fetched Mia from school, lunch at Naulene’s house, Iona Chardonnay and a few Cosmo’s with Nikki at Il Leone in De Waterkant.
- Mia has discovered the game features of her Leapfrog Tag books.
- I suspect I have my Rushmore back. Well, almost.
- Saturday, grapefruit, rice milk hot chocolate, raw smoothie, swimming lessons, watched Kung Fu Panda 2 at V&A.. good movie, we got Mia an iPad1 -15% vitality discount = R2800, watched the rugby, bath, read, sleep.
“I threw up a little bit on the third floor. Someone might want to clean that up. Is there some sort of evil janitor?” — Kung Fu Panda 2
- Sunday, grapefruit, hot chocolate, arts and crafts, screen calibration, put ~6000 photos on Mia’s iPad, lunch, chardonnay and ice cream at Deer Park with Georg, lightsaber battle, Little Beta Beach session, Mia took a swim in her wetsuit.. I had a beer, we bumped into Pierre on the beach, Naulene fetched Mia, DJ Georg played some tunes.. I had soup and a glass of Saronsberg Provenance red.
- Seems my Facebook friends number has a natural decay rate of about 2 per week.
- I gained about 40 Twitter followers this week.
- I was featured in a Sunday Times article about Super Geeks.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.