Hooah. (From Black Hawk Down)
- Monday, some blogging, gym, salad on the green sofa, I made pasta for Andrew and Georg.
- I don’t think I’ve ever had the (lack of) muscle tone to be a Cape Town Hipster. Bummer.
- Tuesday, wrote a press release, Thai massage at Enmasse.. to restore my Jedi powers, sent off the press release, gym, Neo, Mouille Point sunset photography walk, visited Green Point Park, Skype meeting, watched The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard with Georg.. funny.
- I seem to be in tourist mode lately.. been using pretty much only my wide angle lens.
- Wednesday, early drive to be at Mia’s Father’s Day school concert… with my camera.. more full HD video, worked a bit at Naulene’s house, lunch at Jenna Viva, fetched Mia from school, tea at Postcard Cafe and wine tasting at Stark-Conde – Jonkershoek, a walk with Naulene in the woods above Somerset College, drove to back to Cape Town, watched Valkyrie with Georg.. not bad.
- Remember: safe bets don’t make us happy.
- Thursday, Youth Day (public holiday), new backup scheme.. dumped Time Machine… back to rsync, sushi at Beluga with Keith and Georg, sunset photography session around Bakoven, DJ Georg played some tunes, a beer at Van Hunks with Etienne and Lea.
- Friday, fetched Mia, lunch with Naulene at Manuka, Orms visit.. got a Canon S95 compact camera, sunset beach walk with Mia, bath, read, sleep.
- The S95 is pretty cool: f/2.0, shoots RAW and 720p video.
“You enemies are your greatest teachers.” — 14th Dalai Lama
- Satruday, Princess Diaries, arts and crafts, gym, swimming lessons, pizza at Knead, Noon Gun visit, Bo-Kaap spice shop visit, Three Anchor Bay play area, sunset walk, Beta Beach play area, watched the rugby, bath, read, sleep.
- Mia seems to be loving the fruit slicing Samurai game on her iPad.
- Sunday, arts, crafts and iPad games, Father’s day lunch at Shannon’s in Rondebosch, Mia went home with Naulene, watched Robin Hood… not bad.
- Bit of a Father’s day revelation: easier being a dad than having one.
- Tune of the week: Mumford and Sons – Little Lion Man
… check out their other songs.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.