A week in London town and a weekend in Oludeniz…
- Monday, woke up somewhere over North Africa, London Heathrow, navigated my way to Jacques work, Thai food with Adriana in Chelsea.
- Adriana figures the internet is our first taste of a post-scarcity world.
- Tuesday, Jacques made omelettes – he’s on a low carb diet, walked around Silicon Roundabout (Old Street circle), TechHub visit, Innovation Warehouse visit, a pint of Grolsch Blonde on the Tattershall Castle (on the Thames), a beer with Bje around Covent Garden, supper at the My Old Dutch Pancake House with a Fruli Strawberry beer.
- London photos 1st set
- Got my first USB 3.0 device – a little red USB hdd for backups.
- Not that impressed with London ADSL speeds this year. Pretty much the same in SA – from a few coffee shops and homes I visited. Used to be a big difference in the past.
- Wednesday, laundry and backups day, business Skype calls and working mostly, evening Skype chat with Mia, Chinese food with Jacques, installed OSX 10.7.2 and Aperture 3.2.
- Thursday, lunch at Innovation Warehouse, walked around Oxford Street and China Town, dinner with Jacques in Canary Wharf – Scottish Jazz restaurant.. Guinness, Haggis, Talisker and Scottish mineral water.
- New toys: New Kindle (for N), underwater housing for my Canon S95, extra camera battery and a 220 Lumen strobe light waterproof to 100m – mostly for scuba diving photography.
- London photos 2nd set
- Friday, taxi ride to Stansted with Jacques, EasyJet flight to Dalaman, taxi to Oludeniz (GMT+1 to GMT+3), Doner Kebab for supper.
- Started reading The Upgrade by Paul Carr – pretty much what I did, but only for a month and I did not sell all my stuff. A night in Turkey cost me R170 – with free wifi.
- Saturday, got up at 11:00, had breakfast and lunch on the same deck overlooking Oludeniz beach, sunset swim.
- Sunday, fish and chips, walked to Oludeniz beach / lagoon area, sunset boat ride and beach party – with food included for about R70.
- Jacques has this theory that sex drive is a good indicator of general health.
- I last charged my phone in SA – state of the art battery technology and an OS without multi-tasking.
- The next chapter should involve some scuba diving. Will try to keep publishing some travel photos.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.