Istanbul and London..
- Yes, this post is pretty late: it’s for the week of 24-30 October.
- Monday, woke up in Istanbul, omelette and apple tea, a visit to the Grand Bazaar, evening boat trip along the Bosphorus – the bit of water between Europe and Asia.
- Tuesday, Jacques left for the airport at around 5am, Skype chat with MM, froze my nuts off on an open top bus ride across the Bosphorus bridge, an early supper followed by Rice Pudding at Pudding Shop, admin and packing.
- I really like Istanbul – and Turkey – nice mix of East and West. It has a lot going for it. Very much a success story of an evolving culture.
- Addiction is a terrible thing – Jacques smokes R2500 of cigarettes per month.
- Wednesday, got up at 4:30 SAST, early flight from Istanbul Ataturk to London Heathrow, Heathrow Express – the wifi sucked, sushi with Jacques, went to a pub in Chiswick with Jacques, Jeremy and Peter to talk startup ideas, we had the London version of the Doner Kebab for a late dinner.
- Finished The Upgrade – Paul Carr book on way to London, like Rum Diary, but more tech gonzo, you do kinda end up feeling sorry for him for about 5 seconds.
- Thursday, washing day, got Jacques some Laphroaig and Balvenie, travelled back to Cape Town – by bus, tube and plane.
- Pretty tired of travelling by now, been living out of a bag for 30 days.
- Friday, MM fetched me at the airport, TrustFabric meeting at Willoughby’s, fetched my car and took Warren his Turkey Starbucks mug, a glass of wine at Andrew’s house.
- Saturday, afternoon with my mom and Mia.
- Sunday, braai at Andrew’s house.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.