Some recovered toys…
- Joy, I’m up to date with the weekly blog posts again.
- Monday, woke up in Somerset West, fetched some recovered stolen things from the police in Camps Bay, meeting in Tamboerskoof, MIH Media Lab visit, a burger at the Big Easy in Stellenbosch.
- Seems the thieves who broke into the Bakoven house were two 14yo kids living in Camps Bay.
- First rule of changing the world: hang out with people who want to change the world – and always be ready to start from scratch.
- Tuesday, brunch with Cubby, fetched Mia from school, Inbox zero day.
- Wednesday, updated my two recovered iPods to iOS5, brunch with Cubby, fetched Mia from school, admin and work.
- I gave my (recovered) Canon DS10 camera to Mia – nice camera for kids.
- I’m tempted to install Ubuntu on my recovered Macbook Pro 5.5. Maybe next week. Preparing for the move away from OSX.
- Thrive: To do well what you are best at.
- Restore the symmetry of knowledge.
“Where is the tiny iPad?” — Francis about the iPod Touch
- Thursday, lawyer meeting in Cape Town, red sofa, ISPA presentation at MTN Business in Century City, gym, met Andrew at Kirsty’s office launch function, Dias Tavern, a drink at Shack, &Union with Cath.
“I’m a firm believer in the idea that people can change.” — Andrew
- Good read on Anonymous
- Friday, woke up in Tamboerskloof, TrustFabric presentation for a delegation of French tech journalists and analysts, lunch at Hemelhuijs with some Springfield Chardonnay – yum, nap, a beer at Rafiki’s with Georg, burger at Mason’s, Carlyles.
- Saturday, Belle’s 9th Birthday party at the strawberry farm with Mia and Francis, we watched the Smurfs 3D movie – Francis’s first big screen movie, early supper and photo processing.
- I’m becoming a pretty experienced children’s party photographer.
- Sunday, rainy morning, lazy family day, watched Wild Stallion with Mia and Francis – while writing this post, Mia took her first outdoor swim for the season, a glass of wine with Anton at Andrew’s house, back to Cape Town.
“Age wrinkles the body, quitting wrinkles the soul.” — from a calendar
- When you are ~homeless for a few weeks you figure out how important your basic little daily routines are.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.