- Monday, day without using my car, unpacking while Mia and Francis watched a movie, family outing to the Stellenbosch botanical garden, I took a walk to Lanzerac, wedding photo processing with a few glasses of Hartenberg Chardonnay.
- I finally read my flash's manual.
- Tuesday, migrated all my RAW (master) photos of 2010 to an external drive, some car admin, Mia visit, braai with Milk and Olwyn.
- Wednesday, woke up in Somerset West, more wedding photo processing, nap, 430GB backup, a walk around Stellenbosch.
- Ideas for technology in 2012
"The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of childhood into adulthood."--Aldous Huxley
- My advice for 2012, don't make a NY resolutions list, make a list of 10 people you are going to be spending quality time with 5yrs from now.
- Thursday, gym, massage, a beer at Georg's house, Yellowtail at Sidewalk Cafe, Carlyles Xmas bash.
- Friday, hooked up my washing machine and did 4 batches of washing, supper with Paul in Stellenbosch.
- Saturday, family day, swimming, xmas dinner.
- Sunday, opened presents, set up a water slide for Mia and Francis, nap, took a walk around Stellenbosch.. ghost town, watched Igby Goes Down again.
- Tunes of the week, Shangri-La by Mark Knopfler.
Have a fun NYE, crazy kids.
I'm about 3/4 way unpacked...
- Monday, office, visited Andrew and Mia in SSW, slept like a baby.
- Tuesday, got a new Nokia C1-01 and got iSync to work, Mia visit and brunch at Manuka, A8 test drive, WoA end of year function at Gino's.
- Wednesday, office, got two beds for the spare rooms, got a Nokia E5, haircut in SSW, Mia visit, watched Moneyball at the mall.. pretty good.
- Thursday, office, Izak visited the office, got a family car, Delheim and Uva Mira with Georg, Brampton bar and Genki (the other sushi spot) with Paul and Georg.
- Phones I've had this year: Nokia E72, Nokia E6, HTC Cha Cha, Nokia C3, Nokia C1, Nokia E5 - lost one, gave away two, returned one, broke one.
"Reputation, reputation, reputation." -- Alan
- Friday, fetched the family, drove to The Baths near Citrusdal, we stopped at the Spur in Piketberg (Car Nav's suggestion), rock pools and hot spring pool, drinks and potjiekos at the pre-wedding bash at Elephants Leisure, carried a few sleeping children to bed.
- Saturday, bacon and eggs, swimming at The Baths, filled up two compact flash cards with photos of Deborah and Harold's wedding.. awesome wedding, carried a few sleeping children to bed.
- Sunday, drove back to SSW for Lily's 3rd birthday party, Olwyn and Milk are back in town, nap, took Mia and Francis for a walk at Coetzenburg, fish and chips at Jimmy the Fish, bath read sleep.. Mia is getting pretty good at reading bed time stories.
Have a fun holiday, crazy kids.
I'm about 1/2 way unpacked...
- Monday, day without using my car, office, some more unpacking, power nap, a walk around Stellenbosch, sushi at Golden Wheat.
- Nice read about Africa
- Tuesday, got up at 5:00, walked to Lanzerac (my new Clifton 1st for morning walks), office, lunch at Neo, Heavy Chef, Georg made us supper.
- I watched Contagion this week.. pretty scary, but good.
- Wednesday, walked to Lanzerac, office, lunch with Theo and Paul at Greengate, MXit iPhone app design session, Mia visit, Will made an awesome Thai curry and we had a deep geek photography workflow session drinking red wine and eating dark chocolate.
- Thursday, walked to Lanzerac, office, unpacking, walked around Stellenbosch, burger at Binnehof, watched The Empire Strikes Back.
- Nokia C3 - the third world dog of mobile phones.
- Friday, met with Izak, Arksey Village Pub with Andrew, fetched Mia and Francis, Mooiberge, walk along the Eerste Rivier, we watched Despicable Me, bath, read, sleep.
- Saturday, Megamind, Megan's 5th bday party at Waterworld in Strand, seared tuna at Long Table at Haskell Vineyards, took a walk around Stellenbosch, watched Gerald, Schalk and Dave Furgeson in Andringa Street, packing and photo processing.
- Mia weighs 24kg now, Francis 14kg.
- Sunday, fetched Andrew at 7:00, Flying Circus near Stanford with LKB, Hermanus, Buena Vista.
- I seem to have lost the 3rd world dog phone.
"I think it's time for a road soda." -- Andrew
- Mid-town Stellenbosch rocks.
Rock 'n Roll, crazy kids.
Completing the move to Stellenbosch..
- Monday, woke up in SSW, dropped Mia at school, day at the office in Stellenbosch, installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my old Macbook Pro, Alan's talk at MIH Media Lab, made supper.
- Don't you just feel more alive while things are busy changing?
- Tuesday, dropped Mia and Francis at school, Stellenbosch, house shopping, drove through to Cape Town, dinner party at Cath's.
- Wednesday, woke up in Tamboerskloof, World of Avatar strategy day at the Grand Daddy in Long Street, supper at Neighbourhood with the team.
- Thursday, woke up in Long Street, more strategy workshop time, Neighbourhood, Cafe Africa at Herritage Square, Deadmau5 at CTICC with Andrew, Marcia and Georg, Grand Daddy.
"There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it." - Robert De Niro (Casino)
- Friday, woke up in Long Street, Mia's xmas school concert, Vergelegen, nap.
- Saturday, woke up in SSW, moved all my stuff from storage to Stellenbosch, family day, lunch at Greengate, stroll around the botanical gardens, snack at De Stomme Jonge, Mia stayed over, bath, read, sleep - first night in the new house.
- Started teaching Mia some Afrikaans - can't live in Stellenbosch and not speak Afrikaans.
- I now live about 15min away from Mia, down from about 45min.
- Sunday, perfect day, woke up in Stellenbosch, breakfast + arts and crafts at the Aquarium, gift shopping, Izzy's 5th birthday party at the Blue Train in Mouille Point, Phantom of the Opera at Artscape Opera House with Mia and Cath.. Mia loved it - I thought it was really good, fetched some boxes at Georg's house, dropped Mia at her mom's, a walk around Stellenbosch, conveyer belt sushi at CTFM.. I have two sushi restaurants in my street now, fell asleep while doing some photo processing.
- There is in fact a lake under the Paris Opera House - well, more like a few flooded rooms, but still a good story.
- Nice to
stay live in one place again.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.