Completing the move to Stellenbosch..
- Monday, woke up in SSW, dropped Mia at school, day at the office in Stellenbosch, installed Ubuntu 11.10 on my old Macbook Pro, Alan’s talk at MIH Media Lab, made supper.
- Don’t you just feel more alive while things are busy changing?
- Tuesday, dropped Mia and Francis at school, Stellenbosch, house shopping, drove through to Cape Town, dinner party at Cath’s.
- Wednesday, woke up in Tamboerskloof, World of Avatar strategy day at the Grand Daddy in Long Street, supper at Neighbourhood with the team.
- Thursday, woke up in Long Street, more strategy workshop time, Neighbourhood, Cafe Africa at Herritage Square, Deadmau5 at CTICC with Andrew, Marcia and Georg, Grand Daddy.
“There’s three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.” – Robert De Niro (Casino)
- Friday, woke up in Long Street, Mia’s xmas school concert, Vergelegen, nap.
- Saturday, woke up in SSW, moved all my stuff from storage to Stellenbosch, family day, lunch at Greengate, stroll around the botanical gardens, snack at De Stomme Jonge, Mia stayed over, bath, read, sleep – first night in the new house.
- Started teaching Mia some Afrikaans – can’t live in Stellenbosch and not speak Afrikaans.
- I now live about 15min away from Mia, down from about 45min.
- Sunday, perfect day, woke up in Stellenbosch, breakfast + arts and crafts at the Aquarium, gift shopping, Izzy’s 5th birthday party at the Blue Train in Mouille Point, Phantom of the Opera at Artscape Opera House with Mia and Cath.. Mia loved it – I thought it was really good, fetched some boxes at Georg’s house, dropped Mia at her mom’s, a walk around Stellenbosch, conveyer belt sushi at CTFM.. I have two sushi restaurants in my street now, fell asleep while doing some photo processing.
- There is in fact a lake under the Paris Opera House – well, more like a few flooded rooms, but still a good story.
- Nice to
staylive in one place again.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.