- Monday, car service day, got an A3 Sportsback 1.4T courtesy car.. not bad for a 1400, watched Heat with some cous cous salad and Chardonnay.. I did not really want to watch the end, but I’m happy I did.
“It’s like you said, in the end, all I am is who I’m going after.” — Al Pacino, Heat
“Ons oe is vervang met skerms en ons siele met prentjies van die see.” — FPK
- I’ve started closing Tweetdeck and only opening it twice a day.
- Tuesday, morning walk to Lazerac, moved offices from Andmar to La Gratitude, fetched my car, Mia visit, Mia’s school parents evening.
- Antihistamine makes me sleep like a baby, but I feel like a zombie the next morning.
- I now have to walk about 5 minutes to get to the office – used to be about 1 minute.
- Wednesday, morning walk to Lazerac, nice lunch at Simply Asia, put different books on Mia’s Tag reader, photo processing, left my phone at home and took a sunset walk around Stellenbosch, beer at De Akker with Izak and the Python user group, beer at Trumpet tree, bumped into Susan, randomly met Ben the heavy metal guitarist.
- Thursday, MXit Thursday drinks, housewarming and first braai at my place, walked around Stellenbosch for Vensters.
- I have to say Vensters sucked a bit – the three shows we saw were pretty lame. They wanted R10 for an arm band to let you into the shows but even after asking the security guys we could not find the place that sold the arm bands.
- Friday, braai broodjie for breakfast, some mobile payments planning, Mia visit, Manuka, Helderberg Nature reserve, Mia and I kicked a rugby ball around the rugby fields at Kirstenbosch, watched Stardust, slept like a baby.
- The new office is crazy and busy and buzzing. Lots of new ideas and optimism. Good fun. Reminds me a bit of..
“You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning… And that, I think, was the handle — that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn’t need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.” — HST
- Saturday, we built some pirate Lego, AgriMart visit.. they have cheaper diesel, wine tour with Mia, Paul and Victoria, Simonsig, Thelema, lunch at Bodega, fetched Francis.
“I’m Vulcan you know.” — Victoria
- Sunday, Stardust, photo processing, picnic shopping, Mia, Francis and I went to Kirstenbosch to go see Foto na Dans and Flash Republic with Cath, Brooke and LKB.
- Kirstenbosch never disappoints – there is usually a moment as you leave the garden after a sunset concert that really fills you with awe.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.