Road trip… (blog post number 702)
- Monday, a day off, breakfast and Lego building at the botanical garden with Mia, watched Mega Mind, nap, kicked a soccer ball around Coetzenburg rugby fields.
- Update on the Virgin Active in Stellenbosch – seems the had some trouble with the construction of the pool – still on track for end of the year opening.
- Tuesday, gym, Mia and I went to the office.. she built some Lego, tea with Alex at Binnehof, fish and chips at CTFM.
- Wednesday, dropped Mia at her mom’s house, installed Gust at Mill Coffee House, left the office after 19:00.
- If I buy Mia’s mom physical books – she finishes them in about 2 days, so I got her a Kindle about 6 months ago – which is yet to be used.
- Thursday, Georg and I took Bert up to the KKNK.. Route 62 road trip, stopped in Montagu for a super tube ride at the warm baths, watched a SpoegWolf show at Brian’s grill.. very good, watched Koos Kombuis at Lemon and Lime.. legend.
“Stellenbosch is niemandsland.” — Lente in die Boland, Koos Kombuis
- The KKNK – where people call you “Oom”, a double brandy and coke is R20 and everybody has a Fortuner.
- Friday, watched Pa vir Dummies, Ostrich burger, nap, Saarkie at Brian’s.. very good, Karoo pizza in a cone.. I kid you not, amusing but I could only eat 1/2.
- Saturday, Cango Caves visit, watched two rugby games, nap, Kaktus op die Vlaktes 2012.. Gazelle, Baskerville, Heuwels and Van Coke.. I think Gazelle was the best act.
- Sunday, road trip back home with some Robbie Wessels tunes.. (The Jackal Tackle) very amusing, stopped in Montagu for brunch, photo processing, tea, watched Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith again.
- Tune of the week: Mr E’s Beautiful Blues – good road trip music.
- The Wacky Wine Weekend is 7 June.
- Seems winter is here.
- 18 Days till the San Clan burns.
- Remember to go opt-out of direct marketing.. almost at 32k as I’m writing this.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.