Enter 2013 – the detox begins…
- Monday, New Earth NYE party at Zevenwacht with Paul and Al, Johann, Kerrin, Jill and Elizabeth – cool people.
- Tuesday, Rezonance with Al and Paul.
- Wednesday, start of a 30 day healthy eating plan, lunch with Georg, a walk around Jan Marais park, watched Zoolander again – that petrol station scene must be the funniest scene in a movie ever, a steak at Hussar Grill with Georg.
- Seems Mia may be living with me most of January.
- Mia asked me to install chess on her iPad – she seems to like it.
- Thursday, fetched Mia, Mia’s first drive-through car wash, omelette, got Mia a new toothbrush – she’s now very entertained with brushing her teeth, kicked a ball around Coetzenburg, Star Wars ep5, watched The Big Lebowski, 13h sleep – new record.
- Friday, Star Wars ep4, omelette at Basic Bistro, nap, built some Technic Lego with Mia, Mia built four puzzeles while I wasted time on Facebook – sad but true, dad and daughter visit to the hair salon, cupcake ingredient shopping, 11h sleep.
- Saturday, gym – first kettle bell session, swim, we watched Cape Feare : Simpsons – best episode ever, baked 24 cupcakes for Francis’ birthday – while listening to The Killers, Mia caught her first wave – body surfing at Strand beach, snoek and salad at Trawlers / Gordon’s Bay with Georg – his last day here before moving to Durban.
- 30 day health goal: 35yo, 1.82m, 90kg, 23% body fat (+- 2% BIA), aiming for 85kg at the end of the month. BIA is not super accurate, but the relative difference should be interesting.
- Mia: 6yo, 1.3m, 29kg. 97th percentile, less biltong for her.
- Sunday, Francis’ 4th birthday party, super tube rides at Strand Beach – good fun, a swim in the sea – Mia loves the waves, she’s asked for a body board, supper at La Pineta, an episode of The Simpsons, bath, read, sleep.
- Mia seems to really enjoy The Simpsons.
- They sell access to the super tubes by the hour. Mia made a friend soon after we arrived. Cute 8yo girl. They played and chatted like best friends an hour and then they simply said “Bye.” and “Bye.” At first I thought that was a bit sad, but then I figured it’s a lot like our NYE party.
Have a fun 2013, crazy kids.