Full-time single dad…
- Monday, first meeting of the year, green smoothie, gym – kettle bells, got Mia a body board, Strand beach with Mia and Werner, Mia caught her first long wave ride with a board, got Mia some Xylitol sweets – good for the teeth, steamed veg, introduced Mia to Beethoven’s 5th Piano concerto, bath, read, sleep.
- Tuesday, tea in the Botanical Garden (our new office), gym, bodyboarding in Strand, medium rare fillet at Hussar Grill with Mia, Paul and Al – try their biltong.
- Wednesday, Mia watched Deep Space Homer – the space ants one, omelette with Parri at Basic Bistro, watched Zambezia with Mia – not bad, grading is a bit weird, looked like they could up the contrast in most scenes, imported all Mia’s 2005-2010 photos into Aperture (which was a bitch), sunset walk around Stellenbosch.
- They grow up so quickly, 2-7, 5yrs of being little (and very cute) really.
- Looks like Mia is staying with me all of January and February.
- Thursday, breakfast in the botanical garden with Jan and Werner, tea with Luke, a walk around Stellenbosch with Mia, salad at Col’caccio.
- Browsed through about 15k photos of/with Mia. You can learn a lot about yourself by browsing 5 years of photos. The good and bad choices seem obvious somehow. Also, I miss Cape Town.
- Friday, moar photo importing, put about 18k (2006-2010) photos on Mia’s iPad – interesting what she remembers and what she does not, took two photos to the print shop, gym, swim, present shopping for Werner and Al, Mia framed and decorated two photos – one of me as a child, one of her as a baby, Werner’s birthday drinks at Trumpet Tree, dropped a wetsuit at Peter’s house.
- I discovered that I’m Vitality Diamond status this year.
- Now I understand why people by 32GB iPads – their photo collections don’t fit in 16GB.
- Focus on excitement, adventure and good experiences. The rest is details. Probably a good investment strategy also.
- Saturday, gym, Al’s birthday party at Middelvlei, Victoria and Johann’s house, precocious – word of the day, fish and salad, bath, read, sleep.
- Sunday, Root 44 market with Andrew, Emma and Dave, James’ house, Andrew’s house to cook some Red Reishi in a pressure cooker, La Pineta with Paul and Laura.
- Tune of the week: Bach’s Air on a G-string, from his 3rd orchestral suite in D major.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.