The start of a whole new week…
- Monday, green smoothie, tea with Alan in the Botanical Garden, omelette at TasteBud, Mia and I went for a tour of the Stellenbosch Town museum – well worth it, gym, swim.
- Note to self: take more (DSLR) photos in 2013.
- Tuesday, house cleaning day, fetched some tea from Andrew, got Mia a school uniform, Audi visit, got Mia some school shoes, Gust Tickets API demo, body boarding at Strand Beach, in bed early for school.
- Wednesday, up at 6:30, red reishi tea, green smoothie with pea and hemp protein, Mia’s first day in “the big school” – Grade 1, meeting day, fetched Mia from school, Street Soiree in Church street (mini wine festival), braai at Dirk’s house, carried Mia to bed.
- When it rains, it pours. Being a full time single dad and running around looking for startup funding is an interesting challenge.
- I had to leave the Silicon Cape committee.
- Thursday, reishi, dropped Mia at school, gym, negotiated the exit of TrustFabric and Gust from WoA, lunch with Dirk and CJ at Blaawklippen, fetched Mia from school, mission impossible getting a 2nd set of keys together for my house again, initial agreement on our next investment, school info session while Mia baked cup cakes with Janette, Kudu steak braai at Werner’s house.
- It’s hard to explain the highs, lows, uncertainty and adventure of tech entrepreneurship to those who have not yet experienced it. Thursday was a high. Friday was a low.
- Friday, reishi, dropped Mia at school, gym, meeting day in Cape Town, fetched Mia from school, Gust demo/training, Mia stayed with Celeste, Campari at 5 Reyneveld with Al and Georg, supper at Anton’s house, a drink at Trumpet with Anton, Georg, Al and Peter.
- Mia discovered YouTube on her iPad, found her watching a Disney movie – had to tweak the restrictions.
- Saturday, Mia got up and put her school uniform on – rather disappointed that it was not a school day, green smoothie, photo processing, upgraded to 4Mbps ADSL line, gym, swim, shopping, Thys make us an awesome dinner at Al’s house with Johann and Victoria, Mia and I played in the pool for a long time, Mia was the DJ.
- I took (kept) 50% more photos in 2011 than in 2012. Bummer. Then again, I think I’ve become a lot more brutal with editing photo sets down to only good ones.
- At first I was a bit bummed that the Stellenbosch gym does not have a leisure pool – but swimming in the big pool with Mia is fun. I swim laps, she ducks down under me every time I pass her.
- Sunday, Naulene fetched Mia for a day in Hermanus, photo processing (1st school day), gym, Beta beach with Dan, drove past three of my old houses, fish and calamari at Brass Bell and a rather fun evening with some Spanish air hostesses who we met at Polana, Cape Town Jazz, summer evening – can’t complain, took the coastal road back to Stellenbosch.
- Turns out Dan was mentioned in a Paul Carr book.
- Tune of the week: Forget about what I said – Killers.
After the copyright warning, there is another warning on the DVD. This warning is from Tyler Durden, and is only there for a second. “If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this is useless fine print is another second off your life. Don’t you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can’t think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you’re supposed to read? Do you think everything you’re supposed to think? Buy what you’re told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you’re alive. If you don’t claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned… Tyler”
- How’s the health thing going? Pretty good, finding it easy to avoid grains, sugar and dairy. Getting more regular exercise. I can bench 70kgs again. Feel like I’m in better shape. Not much weight loss, 89kg. Need to lose another 2kg to be in the same shape I was in Jan 2012.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.