- Monday, dropped Mia at school – early, cardio at Waterstone VA, weights at Stellenbosch VA with Werner – first real gym day in a while, upgraded to WP 3.5.1 with Twenty Twelve theme, fetched Mia from Judo class – looks like good fun, watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
- Charged 16 devices, phones, iPods, iPads, leappad.
- Tuesday, dropped Mia at school, cardio at Waterstone, weights at Stb with Werner, haircut at Lize’s, lunch with Dirk at Green Gate, server migrations, swim and braai at Maia’s house.
- Having Mia in Gr1 involves a fair bit more planning and organising.
- Wednesday, school run, gym, Tech Report TV interview at Mill Coffee House, lunch with Werner and Mark, Cape Town investor meeting.
“T-Rex sore, or just stiff?” — Werner, about gym.
“To those dead souls inching along the freeways in their metal coffins, we show them that the human spirit is still alive.” — Point Break
Living dangerously: “Pure adrenalin, right?! The ultimate rush. Other guys snort for it, jab a vein for it — all you gotta do is jump.” — Point Break
- Thursday, school run, gym, gym with Werner, meeting with Jan and Alex at Hazz, server migrations, watched a Vensters show with Mia, supper with Petr and Piet.
- Friday, school run, agreed on a term sheet for Gust’s next round of funding, gym, Cape Town day, meeting with Elan (Mr SleekGeek) at Neo, renewed my car license – not as painful as I bargained for, car wash + raw power salad at Wellness Wharehouse (watching the models), fetched Dr. Ernst from the airport, Stellenbosch Wine Festival with Paul, Moreson Premium Chardonnay at home.
“He who has a ‘why’ to live, can bear with almost any ‘how’.” – Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
- Mia has figured out how to send photos via iMessage – her mom’s phone must be using a fair bit more data – so if you start getting photos from my number – you know who it was.
“You dodged a bullet there.” — Ernst, about relationships.
- Saturday, Mia and I planted watermelon seeds in some potting soil, lunch at Babel – Babylonstoren – very good, dropped Mia at Roxy’s birthday party, drove to Greyton, Origin sunset session.
- Sunday, Origin, swim, Campari and Croquet with Ernst in Greyton.
“Silo of health.” – Ernst, about mothers (you want to have children with).
- How’s the health thing going? I pretty much undid the damage from 2012 – so far. 88.5Kg, ~19% body fat and I fit in a pair of jeans from 2004 again. If I trust the BIA machine I gained at least 1.5Kg muscle and lost 3Kg fat in January.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.