Yes, it’s been too long since I blogged…
- This is for the week of 4-10 Feb.
- Monday, woke up in Greyton, gym in Stellenbosch, lunch at Col’cacios with Ernst, dropped Ernst at the airport, photo processing, sunset walk around Stellenbosch.
- Ernst asked me why I’d like more children some day – I waffeled some reasons, over planning it seems selfish anyway – maybe the answer is The Royal Tenenbaums.
- So starts the process of finding a new place to stay – two building sites next to me were just too much. Stellenbosch area.
- Mia was wearing a WOW badge this week: worker of the week at school.
- Tuesday, gym with Werner – monkey bars and blisters – new respect for Mia and her monkey bar skills, 17% body fat, admin day, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s with Dan, Red Hot Chili Peppers with Paul at the Cape Town Stadium, Chukkachurri.
- Somebody recently asked me why I got out of the ISP and datacentre business. I had to think back a bit. New wave, adventure, first in a category, some new innovation – create a new industry niche.
- Wednesday, dropped Paul off, Mia went to Judo, made supper for Mia, Al Bairre at KLT with Werner – awesome band.
- Thursday, dropped Mia at school, Gust successfully concluded it’s second round of funding, bubbly at Lanrezac with the team. Last day of uncertainty, for a while.
- Number of days from first chat about Gust investment to deal completed: 30
(9 Jan – 7 Feb)
“What you forget I still remember, but far away, not long ago” — Band of Skulls – Wanderluster
- Friday, nurse visit – Vitality Health check, gym, Woordfees Gust demo at Bohemia, lunch at Greengate with Parri, fetched Mia from school, Q5 test drive, we had ribs at the Spur, watched some Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, sunset walk around Stellenbosch, bath, Mia read me two stories, sleep.
“You lost today, kid. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it.” — Indy
- Vitality stats: Cholesterol: 3.6 mmol/l, Glucose: 5.4 mmol/l.
- The next four weeks are going to get very busy.
“Just-in-time-Joe” — Ernst
- Saturday, rainy Saturday morning, Ghibli day – grapefruit, tea, vitamins and tea in a bottle, Ponyo and The Secret World of Arrietty, home made omelettes, nap, bookshop with Mia, calamari and Tiramisu at De Cameron, watched Porco Rosso.
- Mia is reading pretty well now – we had to go get her a few more early reading books.
- Sunday, rearranged Mia’s room, helped her write her name/date in all her new books, AfrikaBurn ticket buying, dropped Mia at her mom’s house, a beer at Root 44 market, watched Interview with a Vampire again – brilliant.
“But still, when she woke, she would climb into mine first.” — Louis
- Tune of the week: The Lumineers – Big Parade
Have a fun week, crazy kids.