- Week of 18-24 Feb.
- Monday, gym, first day in the new Gust office, teacher meeting, fetched Mia from swimming, Mia went to Judo, watched a bit of Stardust, server issues to fix, bath, read, sleep.
- Passed 1100 Facebook friends. 770 Twitter followers.
- Tuesday, school run, gym, meeting with Luke, lunch with Dirk, tried the new Stellenbosch Ocean Basket with Mia – all kinds of average, Wakaberry, ice cream and a walk around Stellenbosch with Mia, watched Stardust, bath, read, sleep.
- Still no good value for money fish restaurant around Stellenbosch.
- I realised this week that my sysadmin skills are getting a bit dated. Not too clued up with Grub, GPT partitions and remotely hosted 64bit machines.
- Mia’s favourite scene from Stardust is definitely the one in Cpt Shakespeare’s dressing room… Twinkle Toes Shakespeare
- Wednesday, school run, gym, day at the office, got a new internet link set up (old one got moved by Telkom), bought Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (on Steam) for Mia and installed it on a laptop for her – pretty good for early readers imho, Mia went to Judo.
- Let me just say I’m a bit annoyed with the universe that I could not have started playing adventure games at age six.
- Thursday, car service day, school run, gym, meetings, haircut at Lize’s, first braai at the new office with Ben, Werner, Janette and Mia, bath, read, sleep.
- Friday, school run, gym, other gym, meetings and Gust demo at Simply Asia, kids party in Erinvale, fetched Mia, a glass of wine at Brampton Wine Bar with the team.
- Gonna have to up my game with these kids parties at Erinvale.
- Saturday, Mia woke up and started playing Fate of Atlantis, omelette and french toast at Basic Bistro, Naulene fetched Mia, a day of demon feeding – all those things that don’t really result in any progress: backups, laundry, catching up on news, Fleetwood Mac, Chardonnay, early supper with Paul at Apres, ice cream, Aandklas, Bo, Mystic – watched The Kiffness play.
- Sunday, Alien Safari at Coolbay with Paul and Al – great fun, as always.
“Did you load the Groovinator?” — Paul, about Groove Armada – Groove Is On.
- I lost my red Pacha cap from Sharm el-Sheikh – good way to go I guess.
“There was definitely more than one hot girl at that party.” — Paul
“It never stops.” — Paul, about the summer season.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.