Recently happily divorced…
“This girl needs to go shark cage diving.” — Paul. How I woke up on Monday.
- Monday, woke up on the couch, watched The Watch – awesome movie, dropped Paul at his house, took a day off, joined Pinterest, sunset walk around Stellenbosch.
- I’m developing a bit of an ice cream addiction.
“I speak fluently in movie quotes.”
“I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.” — Bateman
- Tuesday, gym – bench pressed 100Kg (one rep max), fetched some Woordfees related Gust equipment, March #HackSTB event.
- My watch strap broke. First my cooler box goes missing, now this. Still can’t believe somebody took my cooler box at Love and Light.
- Wednesday, gym with Werner, a walk around Stellenbosch with Luke, meeting day, Stellenbosch Street Soiree, AfrikaBurn theme camp meeting at Brampton, drinks at De Stomme Jonge with Johann, Victoria and Pieter – more than one Vodka and Grenadine shot.
- Ever feel like you had much more time a year ago?
- Some HackSTB news.
- Thursday, house cleaning, Ernst arrived, a drinks safari around Stellenbosch, Akker, Trumpet, Bartinney wine bar with Elke and Lize, Campari at Coopmanshuis, Brampton with Susan and a steak at Hussar with Paul who brought some Jordan Chardonnay and Simonsig Tiara.
“Because I did not rave safe.” — Paul, about his moonboot.
“Everything is asymmetric.” — Ernst
- Friday, Ernst got up at 5:00 to be in Cape Town by 7:00, gym, office, food shopping with Mia, Lego Pirate Ship building, watched Hotel Transylvania, bath, read, sleep.
- Moving is always stressful.
- Saturday, very relaxing day, had some lose leaf tea in glass thermo cups, grapefruit, smoked ham and avo omelettes, finished Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis with a few cups more tea, a sunset walk around Stellenbosch, ribs and pizza at Apres, Lecca il Gelato – rum and raisin, some reading, in bed by 20:00.
- Mia somehow managed to get Indy killed after about 2 hours of play and we did not have a save game. She was demotivated. I started playing again and it went pretty quick because we knew how all the puzzels worked. Not long before she took over and quickly played us back to the point we were. Maybe this is the magic of adventure games. Keep on trying.
- Mia seems to love grapefruit and she still likes to drink tea out of a bottle – but she’s pretty strict about not wanting to be in any photos with her tea bottle.
- Sunday, moar house organising, we started playing The Curse of Monkey Island (with ScummVM), lunch with Ernst at Pierneef a La Motte in Franchoek – awesome, go there, drove home singing along to No Doubt – It’s my Life, threw a rugby ball around Coetzenburg with Mia, Monkey Island, photo processing, bath, read, sleep.
- Nothing like the sense of completing a task to motivate you for the next task – aka forward momentum.
- Almost feeling at home in my new house.
- Ernst looks happy in general. The next time I see Ernst we’ll be on our way to AfrikaBurn.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.