Building the Death Star...
- Monday, public holiday, made breakfast for Mia and Francis, Mia and I assembled a new braai, Lego Death Star building with some Chardonnay, Ben Harper and Chris De Burgh, Naulene fetched Francis, ribs at Apres with Paul, reading, sleep.
- I looked at my blog stats. Seems about 30-40 people read these posts. Surprised it's more than 5.
"Beware the barrenness of a busy life." -- Socrates
- The Lego Death Star contains 4 boxes, each a medium sized project.
- Tuesday, got up at 7:30, Mia's first words "I want to go build the Death Star", tea and green smoothie, gym with Werner while Mia attended the gym holiday camp, got Mia a 32" hockey stick, tag team Lego building while watching How to Train your Dragon, chain tea drinking, Thai green tofu curry at Maia's house with some Gust planning, dropped Werner at home.
- Tag team Lego building seems to work best, two pages each, good quality control.
- Wednesday, gym with Werner, Mia went to holiday gym camp and did kids yoga, we got Mia somewinter boots and hockey shoes, office - while Mia played Monkey Island 1, we passed a hockey wall around the sports fields of Paul Roos, we finished the first box (of 4) of Death Star Lego, minor hair washing disaster - Mia used shower gel and no conditioner - we undid that, reading, sleep.
- Mia's shoe size seems to be a 2 now. 130.5cm, 30.3kg.
- Thursday, got up at 6:00, flagged about 100 emails as read, gym with Werner, Mia attended gym camp again, lunch at Greengate with Mia, hockey practice at Paul Roos, cooked Mia supper while she watched Whisper of the Heart.
- Friday, up at 5:00 mostly to fight with my inbox again, installed Hakitzu and UCBLogo for Mia, made omelettes, gym with Werner - abs day, managed to get my home ADSL line upgraded to 10Mpbs, bit of a curve ball meeting at Melissas, dropped Mia at her gran's, week-ender Brampton session, ribs and veg at Apres with Jan and Adele, one beer at Trumpet with Parri, Margot and Conrad, babies don't sleep this well.
- Mojo meter: 6.5 - mostly work stresses. Something I'm thinking about adding to the weekly blog, kinda QS style mood tracking logic.
- Saturday, a really nice house warming braai with Jan, Adele, Maia, Paul and Mia, made me miss the Bakoven braai evenings, note to self: braai more often.
- Did my SleekGeek measurements and photos, not bad - lost 8kg of fat since January.
"May divorce be with you." -- Georg
- Sunday, braai meat for breakfast, Mia watched Whisper of the Heart again, dropped Mia at her gran's house, post-braai house cleaning, watched The Usual Suspects again, fetched Mia, bubbly at Maia's house, watched Three Kings again - nice grading.
"The way it works is, you do the thing you're scared shitless of, and you get the courage AFTER you do it, not before you do it." -- Archie Gates, Three Kings.
- While filming The Usual Suspects all the major actors were made to think they were Keyser Soze.
- Seems I now have three (girl)friends determined to find me a new (less crazy) girlfriend.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.